Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ssdeg7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 15, 2010
Hi, I have a big problem that started today, since the beginning of the App Store i've had an iTunes Store account without any credit card or billing information.

I've always been able to download free apps without any payment information and since I don't live in the US I don't have a credit card to put into my account, the only solution I seem to have is to buy an iTunes gift card in the US and then i'll be able to download apps, but it's not that easy for me to but gift cards from the US since I currently don't live there.

Does somebody have the same problem or know what should I do?

Thanks in advanced.

Attachments

• card.png
    card.png
    18 KB · Views: 213

WillEH

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2011
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a big problem that started today, since the beginning of the App Store i've had an iTunes Store account without any credit card or billing information.

I've always been able to download free apps without any payment information and since I don't live in the US I don't have a credit card to put into my account, the only solution I seem to have is to buy an iTunes gift card in the US and then i'll be able to download apps, but it's not that easy for me to but gift cards from the US since I currently don't live there.

Does somebody have the same problem or know what should I do?

Thanks in advanced.

You don't have to be American to provide a form of payment. They accept Electron, Debit, Amex, etc. It does not have to be a credit card only.

ssdeg7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 15, 2010
But I have another account with credit, I just use this account to download free apps because it is MY account and i've been downloading apps since a long time ago, I don't want to have money on it or a credit card.

I've sent an email to iTunes support, lets hope somebody does something about it, although I doubt it.

WillEH

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2011
United Kingdom
But I have another account with credit, I just use this account to download free apps because it is MY account and i've been downloading apps since a long time ago, I don't want to have money on it or a credit card.

I've sent an email to iTunes support, lets hope somebody does something about it, although I doubt it.

Recently they changed ToS, I think you have to have a card linked to your account to download, a valid one. I had the same issue, I recently had a new card sent to me by my bank, and I couldn't download anything from iTunes, free or paid, nor could I update the ones I already paid for on my iPhone! :mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.