PDA

View Full Version : Running Lion, and it's awesome

Macdude2010
Mar 19, 2011, 12:26 PM
Hello Everyone on Macrumors,

Just wanted to say that I am running a Developer Preview of Mac OS X Lion and it is pretty cool. There are a few bugs here and there but otherwise it works great. Has all the features that they Demoed in the Keynote in October (those are the big ones) they also changed the look of all the buttons (They look cool and more modern because the buttons have been the same since 10.0)

If anyone wants to ask me anything about it I will be happy to answer any questions

Posting a Screen Shot of one of my favorite features.

simsaladimbamba
Mar 19, 2011, 12:29 PM
I Have Lion - Ask Me Questions (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1103570)
from the Mac OS X Lion sub forum (http://forums.macrumors.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=60&f=152).

kftrainer
Mar 20, 2011, 11:20 AM
I had many bugs but not big ones just irritating ones. for instance the scroll option in the Trackpad section of System Preferences is confusing I would like it to scroll like IOS with the two finger flick up or down. and I reboot but it does not save my settings, quick look boxes remaining after quicktime is closed.
My Safari is somewhat useless since I cannot use my school website correctly since it freezes sometime and I also have to login again after I idle for 5 minutes from reading assignments) it used to save my setting and gives me an notification if i am not using the site some sites are not working where I need to input data in text boxes I dont know if it is Java or Flash that is affected
Any ideas ?

Just wanted to say that I am running a Developer Preview of Mac OS X Lion and it is pretty cool. There are a few bugs here and there but otherwise it works great. Has all the features that they Demoed in the Keynote in October (those are the big ones) they also changed the look of all the buttons (They look cool and more modern because the buttons have been the same since 10.0)

If anyone wants to ask me anything about it I will be happy to answer any questions

mrsir2009
Mar 20, 2011, 12:45 PM
Could you take a screenshot of these new buttons, as I can't see any change to any buttons in the screenshot above...

Thanks! :D

iPhone1
Mar 20, 2011, 12:57 PM
Which buttons?

mrsir2009
Mar 20, 2011, 01:32 PM
Yeah the buttons at the bottom of that window are the ones.

Wow, they've completely changed the "about this Mac" screen for the first time in Mac OSX. Its looks way better, and you no longer need to go into the system profiler to get basic stats, or use iStat Pro. Wow...:D Can NOT wait to get Lion!

michael.lauden
Mar 20, 2011, 01:34 PM
Yeah the buttons at the bottom of that window are the ones.

Wow, they've completely changed the "about this Mac" screen for the first time in Mac OSX. Its looks way better, and you no longer need to go into the system profiler to get basic stats, or use iStat Pro. Wow...:D Can NOT wait to get Lion!

It's still not in the dashboard so I'm not too sure about it replacing iStat Pro. Don't think I want to click :apple: -> About this Mac -> System and then view the information. Would rather just hit F4

MovingWater
Mar 22, 2011, 12:40 AM

Macdude2010, in the Text-to-Speech menu under Lion, is there a pre-assigned keyboard shortcut for having the computer speak a preselected text? In SL, one selects the keyboard combination when activating this feature in the Speech Preference Pane under System Preferences. There is no preassigned key in SL.

kushed
Mar 22, 2011, 02:07 AM
loving the live time desktops.. and finally different backgrounds between spaces!!!! i mean you could already somehow but im sure its much easier now =)