PDA

View Full Version : Radeon x800 XT always out of stock?

paco taco mike
Feb 23, 2005, 11:44 AM
Any idea when the x800's will be back in stock??

-mike

uaaerospace
Feb 23, 2005, 12:11 PM
I have one on order, but have not heard from ATI on when they will ship. If anyone knows... oh please do tell! :rolleyes: ~Josh

Laslo Panaflex
Feb 23, 2005, 12:34 PM
They are really in short supply right now. I have one pre-ordered with my local mac retailer they said it would be in on the 15th of feb, now they say march 1. I saw that newegg had a few in about a week or 2 ago, i am really kicking myself for not ordering when they had them in stock. Oh well, at least I am supporting some local business.

paco taco mike
Feb 23, 2005, 03:29 PM
how depressing....

-mike

uaaerospace
Feb 24, 2005, 09:32 AM
how depressing....

-mike

Well, on the bright side, if you order from ATI and enter the promotional code 1458297589, you will get 10% off (50 bucks). ~Josh

paco taco mike
Feb 24, 2005, 10:43 AM
Well, on the bright side, if you order from ATI and enter the promotional code 1458297589, you will get 10% off (50 bucks). ~Josh

thanks!! does this code expire? i am waiting up until the last minute to buy my card just because i really don't have the money right now.

-mike

diddy
Feb 24, 2005, 12:14 PM
Try other resellers. I got mine 2 days after ordering from macmall.com (i know, i know. macmall sucks)

uaaerospace
Feb 24, 2005, 05:16 PM
thanks!! does this code expire? i am waiting up until the last minute to buy my card just because i really don't have the money right now.

-mike

I don't know if the code expires or not. My fear of it expiring was what drove me to go ahead and order the new card now. :rolleyes: I called several other resellers today. The most hopeful I found was MacMall; they were out of stock but SAID they would be receiving a shipment on the 28th of this month. They are a little higher than $450, but if they actaully have it in stock.....

BakedBeans
Feb 24, 2005, 05:21 PM
ive been waiting for a thread about this to come up, are these available in england?

at the moment most of the benchmarks make the x800 to be slightly better than the 6800, but i have also heard that tiger will make the 6800 een better? can anyone confirm that?

ChrisFromCanada
Feb 24, 2005, 06:56 PM
Thats wierd you guys are waiting. I am seeing "In Stock" for the Canadian Site

uaaerospace
Feb 24, 2005, 10:04 PM
Well, ok...I called some more places, all of which listed the X800 as out of stock. Both MacMall and OWC said that they expect their shipments to arrive in 3 days...(Feb. 28th) Neither of them promised anything, but you might give them a call in 3 or 4 days and get one as soon as it arrives. Of course, both places are more expensive than directly from ATI with the promo code. Here are the links OWC (http://eshop.macsales.com/Catalog_Page.cfm?Parent=67&Title=Video%20Cards&Template=) and MacMall (http://www.macmall.com/macmall/shop/detail~dpno~185580.asp).

Available in Canada? Hmmm....anyone want to move? :D
~Josh

Laslo Panaflex
Feb 24, 2005, 10:07 PM
Thats wierd you guys are waiting. I am seeing "In Stock" for the Canadian Site

That's becuase ATI is in Canada, guess you hosers have something to be stoked about eh? :p

paco taco mike
Feb 24, 2005, 11:32 PM
thanks guys for all the comments, i guess i'll just have to wait.

-mike

paco taco mike
Mar 1, 2005, 11:38 AM
It's march 1st, ati claimed this would be the day it would start shipping x800's again and they will be in stock. I checked out the site and saw that they are still not available, when ati? WHEN!?!
-mike

p.s. are there any reports of people receiving theirs?

uaaerospace
Mar 1, 2005, 08:37 PM
It's march 1st, ati claimed this would be the day it would start shipping x800's again and they will be in stock. I checked out the site and saw that they are still not available, when ati? WHEN!?!
-mike

p.s. are there any reports of people receiving theirs?

Man, I am in the same boat; it is killing me waiting. I checked with MacMall today, and they said their stock shipment date had been pushed back to later this month. I guess we will just have to wait a little longer. :o ~Josh

ChrisFromCanada
Mar 1, 2005, 09:27 PM
That's becuase ATI is in Canada, guess you hosers have something to be stoked about eh? :p

Hmm I thought ATI only had their R&D here and the actual production was done overseas.

Abulia
Mar 1, 2005, 10:19 PM
I don't think those 10% off codes expire; I used one on my order that I found ages ago on the web. ATI then e-mailed me two promo codes to share. I belive I posted them here on Macrumors.

If the code above doesn't work let me know and I'll try to dig mine up.

Lovin' my X800! :D (Sorry, had to rub it in!) ;)

paco taco mike
Mar 1, 2005, 10:51 PM
I don't think those 10% off codes expire; I used one on my order that I found ages ago on the web. ATI then e-mailed me two promo codes to share. I belive I posted them here on Macrumors.

If the code above doesn't work let me know and I'll try to dig mine up.

Lovin' my X800! :D (Sorry, had to rub it in!) ;)
thanks for the code, in advance... if i need it..
-mike

emerrill
Mar 3, 2005, 01:05 AM
Um, you guys....

The promo code '1010' always works on the ATI store for 10% off.

-eric

Bob21
Mar 3, 2005, 04:18 AM
ive been waiting for a thread about this to come up, are these available in england?

at the moment most of the benchmarks make the x800 to be slightly better than the 6800, but i have also heard that tiger will make the 6800 een better? can anyone confirm that?

http://www.jigsaw24.com have them listed at 351 inc VAT - although they have none in stock :rolleyes:

While it would be nice to have a new card - it's less than two years since I bought the 9800 for the same price. I wonder if it would be cheaper to buy from the U.S. when they have them in stock.

Abulia
Mar 3, 2005, 11:16 AM
The promo code '1010' always works on the ATI store for 10% off.That's the one I used. The two codes they mailed me, however, were different. They were 10% as well. <shrug>

Laslo Panaflex
Mar 3, 2005, 11:20 AM
Hmm I thought ATI only had their R&D here and the actual production was done overseas.

Yeah, that's what I meant by ATI being in Canada, plus I know their techsupport line is based in Canada too.

/waiting for my x800

Laslo Panaflex
Mar 3, 2005, 11:23 AM
I bet Apple bought a huge lot of these cards to put in the new revision of the G5 towers, and that just leaves us with nothing . . . Really its been 2 months and I still haven't seen the card, but to be fair, it was the same situation for the PC side of the card when it first came out, you couldn't get it anywhere.

paco taco mike
Mar 3, 2005, 07:00 PM
i am so frustrated!! why aren't they available?!
is the 6800 out of the question? should i continue to wait?

thanks guys
-mike

Abulia
Mar 3, 2005, 07:05 PM
is the 6800 out of the question? should i continue to wait?That depends on you. Personally, I think the x800 is the way to go. (Duh. I bought one!) :D

Right now, the x800 performs as well as or better than the 6800, is cheaper, isn't nearly as large/noisy as the 6800, and takes up only one slot. Oh yea, you get the ATI control panel to set your AA, AF settings, rotate your display, etc.

The 6800, however, *is* the card you need if you're going to run that monster 30" display. :)

Just on features alone and engineering I'd say the x800 is the better deal. The fact that it's cheaper...? :)

uaaerospace
Mar 3, 2005, 07:21 PM
is the 6800 out of the question? should i continue to wait?

thanks guys
-mike

Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but don't you have to have an expensive adapter to use the 6800 with an older (plastic) studio display with an ADC connector? If you do, then that makes the X800 even better for those of us having an existing ADC LCD. ~Josh

paco taco mike
Mar 4, 2005, 09:35 AM
Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but don't you have to have an expensive adapter to use the 6800 with an older (plastic) studio display with an ADC connector? If you do, then that makes the X800 even better for those of us have an existing ADC LCD. ~Josh
yeah you do need an adapter since the nvidia card has two dvi outputs, compared to the ati's one dvi one adc.

-mike

uaaerospace
Mar 4, 2005, 02:29 PM
According to macsales's (OWC) website, they X800 is in stock. I did not call to verify this, though.

Oh happy days! :D

uaaerospace
Mar 4, 2005, 03:12 PM
Yes, I can verify that OWC has the card in stock for $495.99. I was told by ATI that it would be at least 2 more weeks....blahh. I just cancelled my order from ATI and ordered from OWC instead. Good luck getting one! ~Josh

Laslo Panaflex
Mar 4, 2005, 03:21 PM
New egg has them in stock again too! I Just called my reatailer and asked about the status of my order, they are going to call me back. I hope it came in, if not, I will be really tempted to cancel and order from Newegg.

emerrill
Mar 4, 2005, 04:32 PM
Yeah, I called OWC and they said they had 25 in stock. I ordered one, and it shipped in under 2 hours. Kinda funny, I called yesterday and they thought it would be 2 wks... hehe.

Too bad ATI doesnt have them, I would have liked that $50 off.

uaaerospace
Mar 4, 2005, 06:08 PM
Yeah, I called OWC and they said they had 25 in stock. I ordered one, and it shipped in under 2 hours. Kinda funny, I called yesterday and they thought it would be 2 wks... hehe.

Too bad ATI doesnt have them, I would have liked that $50 off.

Mine shipped really quickly too. I told the sales guy about the 10 percent discount from ATI, so he gave me free shipping. It came out to be just under $40 more than from ATI. I was kinda displeased with the ATI Store service anyway, so I am not upset about paying more. ~Josh

paco taco mike
Apr 5, 2005, 11:04 AM
any news if the x800 is in stock elsewhere?

i don't really trust OWC, i have heard more bad than good about the site.

-mike

OWC Larry
Apr 7, 2005, 04:00 PM
OWC stands behind every product we sell and we bust our tail to see everyone is happy. We seek to under promise and over deliver. Our terms for exchange, refund, replacement are among the very best out there despite our prices being among the most competitive.

We don't just sell stuff either - we are a company of Mac users who not only support that product we sell but also some of the product we also are directly involved with the design and engineering of.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact me personally... But, except for competitors, it's rare that anyone ever has a bad word to say about our company.

We work hard to make everyone happy by supporting the products we sell and standing behind the commitments we make - as we have done so for what is now going on 17 years. Every year save one of those, OWC has grown by double digits with over half our new customers the result of word of mouth for those existing. Regardless of what we think of ourselves, it what our customers think that matters the most and there we do seem be doing right.

-mike

Laslo Panaflex
Apr 7, 2005, 04:21 PM
OWC stands behind every product we sell and we bust our tail to see everyone is happy. We seek to under promise and over deliver. Our terms for exchange, refund, replacement are among the very best out there despite our prices being among the most competitive.

We don't just sell stuff either - we are a company of Mac users who not only support that product we sell but also some of the product we also are directly involved with the design and engineering of.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact me personally... But, except for competitors, it's rare that anyone ever has a bad word to say about our company.

We work hard to make everyone happy by supporting the products we sell and standing behind the commitments we make - as we have done so for what is now going on 17 years. Every year save one of those, OWC has grown by double digits with over half our new customers the result of word of mouth for those existing. Regardless of what we think of ourselves, it what our customers think that matters the most and there we do seem be doing right.

I can vouch for OWC Larry, they are great, I got my x800 from them like a month ago, got it shipped overnight via DHL for only like 8 bucks too. I have purchased other things as well, and I know my IT dept uses them too. Don't be afraid, just get the x800 from OWC (that's assuming they have it in stock).

uaaerospace
Apr 7, 2005, 04:33 PM

-mike

I bought my x800 from OWC also. It was my first purchase from them, and I was very pleased. They salesman was nice, and shipment occured immediate (like 2 hours). BTW, I ordered over the phone. ~Josh ;)

EDIT: Sorry for me basically duplicating my previous post. Still, I would not hesitate to buy from them again. Go for it Mike.

RGunner
Apr 7, 2005, 05:04 PM
We have purchased 12-15 orders from OWC (www.macsales.com) as well as use Ryans Xpostfacto (they host his utility). They have always been friendly and have accepted returns without hastle.

Also they ship to Alaska very reasonable and on time, unlike most other companies who feel Alaska is not part of the US.

Thank you Larry...

I only wish I could afford a X800 :)

LaughingBlood
Apr 7, 2005, 11:53 PM
That depends on you. Personally, I think the x800 is the way to go. (Duh. I bought one!) :D

Right now, the x800 performs as well as or better than the 6800, is cheaper, isn't nearly as large/noisy as the 6800, and takes up only one slot. Oh yea, you get the ATI control panel to set your AA, AF settings, rotate your display, etc.

The 6800, however, *is* the card you need if you're going to run that monster 30" display. :)

Just on features alone and engineering I'd say the x800 is the better deal. The fact that it's cheaper...? :)

Whatchu talkinbout Willis? The x800 runs the 30".

http://www.ati.com/products/radeonx800/radeonX800xtme/index.html

Hopefully nicer than the 6800. I hear both work great on Tiger tho. Just something I read on the World of Warcraft forums. June can't come quite fast enough for me.

In the meantime I'm going to continue pulling out my hair trying to figure out what's plaguing my little ibook. Damn ClamXav with no progress bar...

Give me functionality or give me death!!

Abulia
Apr 8, 2005, 12:32 PM
Whatchu talkinbout Willis? The x800 runs the 30".I stand corrected then!

tugger
Apr 14, 2005, 04:05 PM
Was shopping the net again today for the x800 xt, and the card is finally in-stock at the ATI store.

Use the '1010' promo code to get the card for $449.

I did notice that they nearly doubled their charge for standard shipping. It's now about $15.00 to south Florida.

But ... joy! joy! I can finally play UT2K4 without getting slain before I fire a shot :)