PDA

View Full Version : Jailbreak iphone 3GS 4.2.1 without changing BaseBand 05.15.04

Sethide
Mar 20, 2011, 12:43 AM
Hello,

After testing an iphone 3G, I finally got an iphone 3GS (FW 4.2.1 BB 05.15.04 Model MC131TA)
I would like to Jailbreak it WITHOUT updating the BB. Because I updated my BB to 6.15.00 on my iphone 3G and I lost my GSP feature. I do not want to repeat the same error with this "new" iphone 3GS

What is the recommended method?

Would I have to Hactivate it after Jailbreak without updating BB? (I don't know what is related to the activation phase)
I am not sure if it has been unlocked before but it is currently working with my (NOT ATT) Simcard.

Thank you.
Regard,

rgarjr
Mar 20, 2011, 12:49 AM
u have 4.2.1 blobs saved for it? Apple is only signing 4.3 right now and there's no Pwnage tool jailbrake for that right now, hopefully soon.

Sethide
Mar 20, 2011, 12:50 AM
Do you mean SHSH with tinyumbrella?
If so not yet, I have not done anything with it yet.

rgarjr
Mar 20, 2011, 12:53 AM
yeah, you're gonna have to wait for the new pwnage tool to come out for 4.3.

Sethide
Mar 20, 2011, 12:57 AM
Thanks!
I am using it now but I guess it is late to safe 4.2.1, am I right?

rgarjr
Mar 20, 2011, 01:24 AM
Launch tinyumbrella app and try and save it, see what happens.

Applejuiced
Mar 20, 2011, 01:29 AM
Hello,

After testing an iphone 3G, I finally got an iphone 3GS (FW 4.2.1 BB 05.15.04 Model MC131TA)
I would like to Jailbreak it WITHOUT updating the BB. Because I updated my BB to 6.15.00 on my iphone 3G and I lost my GSP feature. I do not want to repeat the same error with this "new" iphone 3GS

What is the recommended method?

Would I have to Hactivate it after Jailbreak without updating BB? (I don't know what is related to the activation phase)
I am not sure if it has been unlocked before but it is currently working with my (NOT ATT) Simcard.

Thank you.
Regard,

Your post is very confusing.
So you have a 3GS on 4.2.1 with BB version 05.15.04
Is it currently jailbroken?
And how is your Non-AT&T sim working with it?
Sounds like it is JB and unlocked.
What are you trying to do with it again?
Do you see a cydia icon anywhere or any non stock items on it or in the settings?
I doubt its factory unlocked cause obviously someone before you saved its baseband version from 4.0.2 all the way to 4.2.1 with pwnage tool.
And most likelly it has shsh blobs saved on cydias server.

Sethide
Mar 20, 2011, 01:31 AM
I have
iPhone3GS 4.1(8B117)
iPhone3GS 4.3(8F190)
I guess that is no good :(

Applejuiced
Mar 20, 2011, 01:33 AM
I have
iPhone3GS 4.1(8B117)
iPhone3GS 4.3(8F190)
I guess that is no good :(

You have blobs for 4.1 and 4.3 but not for 4.2.1?
How did it skipped that version?
Another thing that doesnt make sense.....

Sethide
Mar 20, 2011, 01:42 AM
Your post is very confusing.
So you have a 3GS on 4.2.1 with BB version 05.15.04
Is it currently jailbroken?
And how is your Non-AT&T sim working with it?
Sounds like it is JB and unlocked.
What are you trying to do with it again?
Do you see a cydia icon anywhere or any non stock items on it or in the settings?
I doubt its factory unlocked cause obviously someone before you saved its baseband version from 4.0.2 all the way to 4.2.1 with pwnage tool.
And most likelly it has shsh blobs saved on cydias server.

Sorry, I will try to be clear.
Yes I have a 3GS on 4.2.1 with BB version 05.15.04
I don't believe it is JailBroken.
It is working with 3 different (from Taiwan, France and Spain) NON ATT Simcard. This iphone is from Taiwan, it might be a Factory unlock phone but I can't be sure...
What I want is to have Cydia and Installous on it BUT without touching my BB because (keep my unlock and my GSP feature).
I don't have Cydia.

You have blobs for 4.1 and 4.3 but not for 4.2.1?
How did it skipped that version?
Another thing that doesnt make sense.....

I don't know why it skipped that version.

Applejuiced
Mar 20, 2011, 01:47 AM
Sorry, I will try to be clear.
Yes I have a 3GS on 4.2.1 with BB version 05.15.04
I don't believe it is JailBroken.
It is working with 3 different (from Taiwan, France and Spain) NON ATT Simcard. This iphone is from Taiwan, it might be a Factory unlock phone but I can't be sure...
I am trying to Jailbreak it to have Cydia Installous on it.
I don't have Cydia.

If its working with 3 different carriers sims it is unlocked somehow.
Not sure if its factory unlocked or software unlocked but its baseband version is from 4.0.2 and the firmware on it is 4.2.1?
So someone maintained an unlockable baseband for a reason. And if it was a factory unlocked unit there wouldnt be a point in doing so.
I'd say give the latest Greenpoison a shot to see if it puts cydia on it but if its already JB and unlocked using ultrasnow not sure if it will mess anything up.
Up to you though.

I don't know why it skipped that version.

Very weird, cause once cydia starts saving its blobs it would grab them automaticly from 4.1 and on for every firmware release since then.
To get 4.1 and then skip 4.2.1 and then get 4.3 doesnt make much sense.
Very odd and unique situation with your phone that's for sure:D

Sethide
Mar 20, 2011, 02:59 AM
Just JailBreaking 4.2.1 with greenpois0n will not change my BB nor delete all my existing app, right?
Thanks

Crystal-RX
Mar 20, 2011, 08:22 AM
That is correct! Just run Greenpois0n and your iPhone will be jail broken. Baseband oi it will remain 05.15

Sethide
Mar 20, 2011, 11:24 AM
Thank you.
I used Greenpois0n, it was a very fast process. I tested a French (Not ATT) SimCard, I was able to place a call.
FW and BB remain the same version that I had before.
I just have to test my GPS feature. :)

jdaniel
Mar 20, 2011, 12:23 PM
Thank you.
I used Greenpois0n, it was a very fast process. I tested a French (Not ATT) SimCard, I was able to place a call.
FW and BB remain the same version that I had before.
I just have to test my GPS feature. :)

if your phone is factory unlocked..itunes can do anything to your phone and you will still be able to use it..for some reason thats just the way it is.. you cannot screw it up. As long as there is something out there to jailbreak the firmware you are on then you are fine.

Applejuiced
Mar 20, 2011, 12:27 PM
Gps should work fine.

Sethide
Mar 21, 2011, 06:26 PM
GPS works fine.
Will I be able to update to 4.3 without changing the BB?
Thanks

Applejuiced
Mar 21, 2011, 06:29 PM
GPS works fine.
Will I be able to update to 4.3 without changing the BB?
Thanks

Not yet but down the road when pwnage tool is updated to work with 4.3.

Sethide
Mar 21, 2011, 06:30 PM
I see, thanks a lot again

saadsarwar
Apr 18, 2011, 02:41 AM
Dear Sethide

I am facing the same situation which u have faced a month back....ppl here find ur case a unique one but i am facing exactly the same and i sold my previous Iphone just bcoz of the GPS issue....now i have got another one with iOS 4.2.1 and modem firmware 05.15.04... it looks like factory unlock and i have (NON ATT) sim on it. I just want to jail break it without changing Modem firmware....as u ve done it successfully and ur GPS is going good apparently...kindly tell me the way u ve done it..

waiting for ur reply

Sethide
Apr 18, 2011, 02:52 AM
Dear saadsarwar.

I used greenpois0n (http://greenpois0n.com/). For tutorial, just google "greenpois0n jailbreak 4.2.1".
I still have an iPhone 3GS / FW 4.2.1 / BB 05.15.04 and have not update anything else.
My itunes asked me if I want to update the FW but I always refuse.
Once in a while my iPhone asks me if I want to the carrier settings since I am unsure what is that about. I also always refuse.
Hope it helps.
Have a good day.

gngan
Apr 18, 2011, 12:08 PM
Dear Sethide

I am facing the same situation which u have faced a month back....ppl here find ur case a unique one but i am facing exactly the same and i sold my previous Iphone just bcoz of the GPS issue....now i have got another one with iOS 4.2.1 and modem firmware 05.15.04... it looks like factory unlock and i have (NON ATT) sim on it. I just want to jail break it without changing Modem firmware....as u ve done it successfully and ur GPS is going good apparently...kindly tell me the way u ve done it..

waiting for ur reply
Did you update your previous iPhone to iPad's baseband? If yes then that's the reason. Greenp0isn does NOT update your iphone to iPad's baseband therefore GPS works! You need to read more before attempting this or else you will end up here asking silly questions.

It's not that hard to tell if your iPhone is factory unlock or not. Just look for cydia. If cydia is there then go in and check the package and see if Ultrasn0w is there or not. If not then it's VERY likely your iPhone is factory unlock. It's good to know if your iPhone is factory unlock or not because it's worth more!

Sethide
Apr 18, 2011, 12:16 PM
see if Ultrasn0w is there or not. If not then it's VERY likely your iPhone is factory unlock. It's good to know if your iPhone is factory unlock or not because it's worth more!

Good point! I just check mine, it is indeed factory unlock :)
Thanks for the tips.

saadsarwar
Apr 18, 2011, 08:05 PM
Did you update your previous iPhone to iPad's baseband? If yes then that's the reason. Greenp0isn does NOT update your iphone to iPad's baseband therefore GPS works! You need to read more before attempting this or else you will end up here asking silly questions.

It's not that hard to tell if your iPhone is factory unlock or not. Just look for cydia. If cydia is there then go in and check the package and see if Ultrasn0w is there or not. If not then it's VERY likely your iPhone is factory unlock. It's good to know if your iPhone is factory unlock or not because it's worth more!

yup...mine is factory unlock as well...i havnt jail broken it yet. if i update my version to 4.3.2, still is it possible to jailbreak it using (greenp0ison 4.3.2) without changing baseband?

gngan
Apr 18, 2011, 08:13 PM
yup...mine is factory unlock as well...i havnt jail broken it yet. if i update my version to 4.3.2, still is it possible to jailbreak it using (greenp0ison 4.3.2) without changing baseband?

Dude, you need to understand what baseband is. Go search it and you will know your that there is not point of of reserving your baseband. As to your question of GP, stop being lazy and wait people to mouth feed you. SEARCH!

Sethide
Apr 19, 2011, 01:33 AM
2. greenpois0n does NOT support anything after 4.2.1 and 4.3.x support is not as high a priority as iPad 2 work.

By gpadmin on April 10, 2011
Source:
http://greenpois0n.com/2011/04/10/welcome/

So here is some possibilities:
1) Do NOT update your FW and JB it with greenpois0n (http://greenpois0n.com/).
OR
2) Update your FW to 4.3.2 and Wait for the new greenpois0n (http://greenpois0n.com/) to JB

cobaltrich27
Apr 19, 2011, 02:21 AM
Good point! I just check mine, it is indeed factory unlock :)
Thanks for the tips.

Just go here and follow the guide:

http://www.iclarified.com/entries/index.php