PDA

View Full Version : Lion and Aperture, not playing nice

hulfordp
Mar 20, 2011, 08:54 PM
I have found that Aperture has been running REALLY slow in Lion. I am hoping its just me or the DEV OS, anyone else experience this? I'm running it on my macbook pro 13" 2.4dual2core, 4gig RAM system

iPhone1
Mar 20, 2011, 09:33 PM
Aperture has been running great for me. Do you have any third party plug-ins that may be causing issues?

Please file a bug report.

Lukeit
Mar 20, 2011, 10:26 PM
Aperture is very slow and a real memory eater... my library is pretty big, but did not have this same problems on SL both on my imac 24 and my 17 MBP; Aperture seem pretty unusable.
Lightroom is way way faster and snappier.

hulfordp
Mar 21, 2011, 07:09 AM
Aperture has been running great for me. Do you have any third party plug-ins that may be causing issues?

Please file a bug report.

Yeah I have been filing bug reports with Apple, just reinstalled Aperture to see if it makes a difference. If it was just slow, like in SL, I would not worry so much, its just crashes a lot now! Anyway also going up my RAM from 4 to 8, which won't help the crashes but will the lags!

jacg
Jul 22, 2011, 12:11 PM
Am I the only one who finds Aperture 3.1.3 full screen to be messed up in Lion? For me the screen slides left and right when I move the mouse up to the bottom or sometimes the top to show the hidden thumbnails or tools. It's clumsy compared to other full screen apps You can't access menus. Also the animation between normal and full screen is even slower than before.

Needs a rethink quickly in order to be usable under Lion.

Brammy
Jul 22, 2011, 12:33 PM
Am I the only one who finds Aperture 3.1.3 full screen to be messed up in Lion? For me the screen slides left and right when I move the mouse up to the bottom or sometimes the top to show the hidden thumbnails or tools. It's clumsy compared to other full screen apps You can't access menus. Also the animation between normal and full screen is even slower than before.

I agree. I'd love to have it full screen so it's in its own space, but not being able to get to the adjustments menu in Full Screen is a major downer.

Fujiko7
Aug 14, 2011, 05:54 AM

Yes, I have the exact same problem. Mentioned it in another thread. Hopefully they'll fix this.

runebinder
Aug 14, 2011, 01:05 PM
I agree. I'd love to have it full screen so it's in its own space, but not being able to get to the adjustments menu in Full Screen is a major downer.

Have you tried pressing H? Works for me in full screen.

artguy3d
Aug 14, 2011, 10:18 PM
Aperture was one reason I went back to Snow leopard. Its running great again.

And parallels now works agin and all my PC programs are back.

i don't think lion eye candy is worth the down time and frustration.

SunnyShots
Aug 25, 2011, 10:59 AM
I had just upgraded my 2010 MBP 13" to 8GB specifically for Aperture, and I was in heaven. Then I upgraded to Lion, and I am constantly running out of space. I am a photographer, and I spend hours at a time on Aperture. I can reopen it every few minutes, but that seems silly.

I hope they fix it. Meanwhile, I am thinking of going back to SL, even though I really like Launchpad.

johnmacward
Jan 14, 2012, 07:29 AM

I'm with you, it's a major annoyance. If I move the cursor to the bottom of the screen in fullscreen mode the "photo reel" if you like, moves to the desktop and takes me there too, the inspector also moves.

Overall, this Aperture feels very fragile.

Where do you file a bug?

mrboult
Jan 14, 2012, 05:59 PM
I think quite a few people (me included) have found that if you select Apperture in the Finder and go 'File>Get Info' and select the app to run in 32bit not 64bit you may find a notable improvement in performance.

I can't remember why it works, but for some it really does. Try it.