PDA

View Full Version : powerbook wrist rest

Kwyjibo
Feb 23, 2005, 08:31 PM
I need to find a powerbook wrist rest protection system ... now before you say " oh I've had this AL powerbook for blah blah blah no pitting ....." I had an AL powerbook for 1.5 years and the rests were essentially reuined and looked horrible, like I had spilled a chemical, so I know that my skin and the AL will not mix .... so I don't need any posts about how it won't happen.

my question, anyone know of a good american website offering such products, image is somewhat important but not the most important thing.

kwyjibo

Logik
Feb 23, 2005, 10:04 PM
I need to find a powerbook wrist rest protection system ... now before you say " oh I've had this AL powerbook for blah blah blah no pitting ....." I had an AL powerbook for 1.5 years and the rests were essentially reuined and looked horrible, like I had spilled a chemical, so I know that my skin and the AL will not mix .... so I don't need any posts about how it won't happen.

my question, anyone know of a good american website offering such products, image is somewhat important but not the most important thing.

kwyjibo

i use these personally... and it works for more than just one computer.

http://www.imakproducts.com/products/smart_glove.htm

Kwyjibo
Feb 23, 2005, 10:42 PM
not to be mean, but I don't want ot have to suit up to use my computer.

Applespider
Feb 24, 2005, 03:45 AM
Mine's pitted so I won't tell you it won't happen.

I've now put the plastic screen protectors for PDA screens over the parts where my hands generally rest. Cheap, non-visible and easy to peel off again if you want to replace/remove them

Logik
Feb 24, 2005, 07:44 AM
not to be mean, but I don't want ot have to suit up to use my computer.

it takes a whole 3 seconds... it's just a glove.. it has beads on the bottom and it supports your wrist whether you're using a keyboard or mouse. i have sore wrists all the time, since i started using these it has gone down A LOT.. i'm about to buy a second pair for work so i don't have to carry them around. they really do work great. but if you aren't interested that's fine, good luck finding something as universal though

Kwyjibo
Feb 24, 2005, 10:04 AM
I didn't mean it like OH my god thats a horrible thing, but I haven't had any wrist problems yet so I figure why start correcting for them. I mean down the line its something I would consider but it seems a bit much for the way I use my computer

Koodauw
Feb 24, 2005, 11:29 AM
A bit off topic, but does the mark come from the oil in your hands, or some other thing? I have it only on the right side of my PB, and I usually use both hands.

Logik
Feb 24, 2005, 01:52 PM
I didn't mean it like OH my god thats a horrible thing, but I haven't had any wrist problems yet so I figure why start correcting for them. I mean down the line its something I would consider but it seems a bit much for the way I use my computer

the reason the problems have gone away is because it's alleviating the stress... which can be both to alleviate and to stop it from happening in the first place. using these doesn't mean you HAVE to have hand issues, they will prevent them from happening..