Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

porcupine8

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 2, 2011
They don't have an iPad 2 model on their website yet, but are selling it on eBay. I don't want to spend $20-30 on a screen protector (especially since I don't care much about anti-glare, just looking for basic scratch protection with clarity) but also don't want to waste money on the 3-for-$3 ones if they're truly crap - this seems mid-range at $9 each (free shipping). Anyone have experience with them?

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
I don't know about those, but I went with the myGear screen protectors. I should get them this week, so I can't comment on how good they are, but the store is pretty reputable as a accessories seller. You can currently get a 4-pack for $20 from their Amazon store with free shipping and they have either Clear, Anti-Glare, or 2 of each. I wrote a thread about it (link below), and at the time they were having a 50% sale so I got a 2-pack of each Clear and Anti-Glare for $15 (don't know if the sale is still available).

I plan on installing the clear one first and will post pics once I have it on.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1120468/

porcupine8

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 2, 2011
I don't know about those, but I went with the myGear screen protectors. I should get them this week, so I can't comment on how good they are, but the store is pretty reputable as a accessories seller. You can currently get a 4-pack for $20 from their Amazon store with free shipping and they have either Clear, Anti-Glare, or 2 of each. I wrote a thread about it (link below), and at the time they were having a 50% sale so I got a 2-pack of each Clear and Anti-Glare for $15 (don't know if the sale is still available).

I plan on installing the clear one first and will post pics once I have it on.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1120468/

Hm, it looks like right now you get 2 of each screen protector when you buy their folio case for $35, although it doesn't ship til next week. The case looks nice enough, but they don't seem to have an iPad 1 version for me to look at the reviews on.

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
Hm, it looks like right now you get 2 of each screen protector when you buy their folio case for $35, although it doesn't ship til next week. The case looks nice enough, but they don't seem to have an iPad 1 version for me to look at the reviews on.

Yeah, I saw the deal with the case but was not interested in it. Even though the 50% deal does not appear to be available, 4-pack for $20 is still a decent deal ($5 each). Last year I used Rad-tech (another accessories re-seller that also sells their own brand) screen protector and they were great. I figured these might be along the same line and for the price I would give these a try.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.