Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple!Freak

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 11, 2005
East Coast
Check this out!

graphiced.jpg

Those are the student discount prices. Very atractive indeed. :)

jamdr

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2003
Bay Area
It's not surprising. The previous mini was $249 - $20 =$229 with the educational discount. This mini is $199 - $20 = $179. It is a pretty good price though. It makes it seem like a lot less with the 1 leading the price instead of a 2, even though it's only a $20 discount.

In my opinion, Apple should have added a little something "extra" to the 6GB model to entice people to spend the extra $50 on it, similiar to how in the original iPod lineup, the $300 model was no-frills while the $400 model came with a case, remote, etc. (of course Apple stopped doing that). Now there's nothing really to make a lot of people get the 6GB model. The people who are buying the mini aren't expecting to put their entire collection on it anyway, so why spend the extra $50? Now, if it had a color screen...

zimtheinvader

macrumors regular
Jan 10, 2005
the capitol
man I wish the minis had gone color, w or w/o the photo capabilities that totally would have enticed me...maybe if they have "cram+jam" again this fall...

BigDogg

macrumors member
Feb 21, 2005
TN
These are some enticing prices, apple sure does know how to lure in a customer I'd say.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.