Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macuser93924

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 5, 2005
I recently bought a Epson Perfection 4180 Scanner, which has been awesome so far, except for this problem I'm having today. I just wanted to make a simple copy of a document, so I went into Smart panel and went to the Copy center. This launched an applcation called Ecopy. The document scanned properly but then the application tried to make the document to print the printer got totally screwed up. The printer I used was a HP Laserjet 1200. It just kept on saying "Sending data", but it only printer 4 out of the 10 documents in 3 hours. I then tried printing in other applications and it wouldn't work. So then I turned everything off and started all over again. i tried the same process again with a Epson printer and again it just kept on saying "Sending Data" but it never printed anything. Has anyone else had this problem with an Epson scanner?

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
macuser93924 said:
I recently bought a Epson Perfection 4180 Scanner, which has been awesome so far, except for this problem I'm having today. I just wanted to make a simple copy of a document, so I went into Smart panel and went to the Copy center. This launched an applcation called Ecopy. The document scanned properly but then the application tried to make the document to print the printer got totally screwed up. The printer I used was a HP Laserjet 1200. It just kept on saying "Sending data", but it only printer 4 out of the 10 documents in 3 hours. I then tried printing in other applications and it wouldn't work. So then I turned everything off and started all over again. i tried the same process again with a Epson printer and again it just kept on saying "Sending Data" but it never printed anything. Has anyone else had this problem with an Epson scanner?
Scanners scan documents. They do not drive printers. From your description, your scanner has done its job. The four printed scanned pages are proof of that fact. You seem to be experiencing a problem with your printer's configuration. Since the only information that you gave about your printer is its model number, we can only guess about the nature of the problem.

My best guess is that your images are scanned at very high resolution. As a first remedy, try scanning at 300 dpi. Your printed images--especially if they are color--will look great. The lower resolution will take a lot less time to print.

numediaman

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2004
Chicago (by way of SF)
I have an Epson scanner and to be honest I never use that scan utility.

I think you would be better off using Photoshop Elements (assuming you don't have a copy of Photoshop). Elements should have come free with the scanning. You'll have better control of the size, quality and output using Elements.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.