PDA

View Full Version : Returned my Black Verizon iPad 2 32gb today.

Roadking
Mar 21, 2011, 07:42 PM
...and got a bigger 64gb white AT&T model in return.

I had loaded up the 32gb and still had a lot more apps/movies etc that I wanted to put on it. I had tried to get a 64gb from the start but the store I went to when I originally purchased it didn't get a shipment in.

I really thought I was going to be out of luck and have to either keep it or wait months for the 64gb model.

I stopped by my local Best Buy and explained what I wanted to do. They said they had gotten some more in but they were all 64 white 3G models. They said they had a reserved list but that there would probably be some left after they made all of their calls and to call back later in the afternoon. I called back and they held one for me over the phone.

Now I am reinstalling everything that I wanted in the first place.

My only concern is switching over from Verizon to AT&T. Keeping my fingers crossed that I didn't make a mistake.

Anyway the point of my story is if you were not able to get the model you wanted on opening day, try and see if your store has gotten a resupply yet. I believe Friday is the last day to return at most places if you purchased on the 11th.

Here is to hoping AT&T wasn't a mistake.

Thanks for reading my cool story, bro. :D

Rafterman
Mar 21, 2011, 07:47 PM
...and got a bigger 64gb white AT&T model in return.

I had loaded up the 32gb and still had a lot more apps/movies etc that I wanted to put on it. I had tried to get a 64gb from the start but the store I went to when I originally purchased it didn't get a shipment in.

I really thought I was going to be out of luck and have to either keep it or wait months for the 64gb model.

I stopped by my local Best Buy and explained what I wanted to do. They said they had gotten some more in but they were all 64 white 3G models. They said they had a reserved list but that there would probably be some left after they made all of their calls and to call back later in the afternoon. I called back and they held one for me over the phone.

Now I am reinstalling everything that I wanted in the first place.

My only concern is switching over from Verizon to AT&T. Keeping my fingers crossed that I didn't make a mistake.

Anyway the point of my story is if you were not able to get the model you wanted on opening day, try and see if your store has gotten a resupply yet. I believe Friday is the last day to return at most places if you purchased on the 11th.

Here is to hoping AT&T wasn't a mistake.

Thanks for reading my cool story, bro. :D

With AT&T, if you ever go overseas, your good to go.

Roadking
Mar 21, 2011, 09:35 PM
I was thinking the same thing. I also figured the resale value might be higher as it might be more appealing to more people.

Thanks