PDA

View Full Version : 10.6.7 - "Addresses various issues with MacBook Air (Mid 2010) computer performance."

omniatlas
Mar 21, 2011, 08:07 PM
Anyone have any idea what these various issues are?

KPOM
Mar 21, 2011, 08:11 PM
Perhaps it's the wake-from-sleep issue that was partially addressed with the EFI update?

dirtypancakes
Mar 21, 2011, 08:23 PM
it actually made performance of the computer noticeably worse
My Source games such as Team Fortress 2, are now unplayable
Worst update ever

iNotion
Mar 21, 2011, 08:44 PM
This update make my MBA run sloww~~~:mad:

omniatlas
Mar 21, 2011, 08:59 PM
I haven't really noticed any difference. Will try a few source games and see how it goes.

slapguts
Mar 21, 2011, 10:20 PM
Haven't noticed any problems at all.

Didn't have any before this update either, though. Wifi seems more stable, but that is likely a router issue.

BENJMNS
Mar 21, 2011, 10:45 PM
my mouse and the entire computer just freezes.

munkees
Mar 21, 2011, 11:07 PM
my mouse and the entire computer just freezes.

freezes then comes back? or freezes, go away have a drink, come back and still frozen and needs a force power down and restart?

neteng101
Mar 21, 2011, 11:09 PM
Stable all evening here, can't tell if anything changed, don't game on it so no idea if Steam is better/worse off.

BENJMNS
Mar 22, 2011, 12:22 AM
freezes then comes back? or freezes, go away have a drink, come back and still frozen and needs a force power down and restart?

it freezes and it just doesn't come back unless i power down and reboot.

did it and it froze again.

i think it's my usb mouse. using the apple mouse (wired), no problems so far.

looks like they messed with the mouse drivers or something. i had no issues with 10.6.6. along this front, though that version had kernel panics here and there.

aldo818
Mar 22, 2011, 02:08 AM
I m loosing my wifi connection very often since i ve made the update. Also it asks me again the key of my airport extrem station as it s not saved. Really weired.
Other then that no probs

chrono1081
Mar 22, 2011, 03:10 AM
I haven't noticed any issues with this update, but I haven't been on my MBA that much.

KPOM
Mar 22, 2011, 07:41 AM
I wonder if this would have resolved the kernel panics on my 13"? Interestingly, I had the wake-from-sleep issue on my original "Ultimate 13". A few days after I swapped it for a new model at the Apple Store, Apple released the EFI 2.0 update. The new model worked great but kernel panicked a lot (particularly after running Parallels). Apple eventually replaced the logic board last week. A few days later this software update comes out, supposedly to address "performance issues" and "kernel panics" with the MacBook Air.

Overall, the new MacBook Air is a vast improvement over the Rev A and Rev B. However, I'm a bit surprised by how many bugs they are having with them considering that none of the components parts are very new (apart from the Toshiba SSDs).

That said, I'll see how my "new" refurb 11" Ultimate holds up. So far, so good. Hopefully the new owner of my Ultimate 13" has good luck with it.

ryan42
Mar 22, 2011, 08:16 AM
It seems like my battery life is higher now. Anyone else?

13" 2.13 GHz MacBook Air 2010

BENJMNS
Mar 22, 2011, 11:32 AM
here's the issue with itunes

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Mac-OS-X-10-6-7-Causing-Trouble-Freezing-When-iTunes-Is-Launched-190861.shtml

i repaired permissions, rebooted a couple of times and it's working like it should so far....

i love the MBA, but my point is, nothing is perfect including machines.

DarwinOSX
Mar 22, 2011, 01:18 PM
Use a tool like cocktail or onyx. Its a good idea to run them before updating.

iDave
Mar 22, 2011, 02:21 PM
10.6.7 seems to have fixed my problem with two finger scrolling.

MJedi
Mar 22, 2011, 04:35 PM
Guess I won't be installing this update until Apple fixes the update or iTunes.

KPOM
Mar 22, 2011, 04:55 PM
Oddly enough, I did not have an issue with iTunes yesterday. It ran just fine.

Anyway, 10.6.7 seems like a mixed bag. Apple has been dropping the ball a bit (or is it the apple?) with updates as of late.

major7
Mar 22, 2011, 07:44 PM
damn....i came to read this and imediatly clicked on Itunes....bad move...it really freezes!!! I don't want to run scripts to make this work, other scripts to make startup faster, bla bla bla, i just want it to work flawless as it was.

So my question is: Is that a way to go back to 10.6.6?

skinny*k
Mar 23, 2011, 02:11 AM
So my question is: Is that a way to go back to 10.6.6?

Without backups? :eek:

If you really can't wait for 10.6.8 (pretty soon I'll bet) or 10.7, you'll have to 1.) backup your files, then 2.) reinstall your previous OS/original install disk—whichever is newer—and 3.) work your way up to the 'Mac OS X v10.6.6 Update Combo,' (found at Apple Support, here (http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1349).

Then, of course, you'll need to re-install your other software and files. It pays to back-up. :rolleyes:

Good luck,
skinny*k

Edit:
Before you do anything else, try this:http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1122278&page=2

2IS
Mar 23, 2011, 02:17 AM
No issues here before or after the update.

BJonson
Mar 23, 2011, 02:58 AM
My 13" Air freezes in itunes, uggh.

major7
Mar 23, 2011, 04:00 AM
TY Skinny....

No way im going back to the starting line...lol

I'll just wait for Apple to do their job...i'm not paid for it :P

Guess i'm gonna have to learn how to use TimeMachine before Apple decides to kill my mac....lol

yly3
Mar 23, 2011, 07:06 AM
No issues in iTunes with base 11". However I have the feeling it is slightly slower than usual but the battery life seems to be a bit better. I can't judge just after 1 day and 1/2. Will keep updated.

mattwallace24
Mar 23, 2011, 08:23 AM
Other than backing up to 10.6.6, has any MBA owners who experienced the iTunes crash/freeze found a solution? I was thinking about heading over to the Apple Store this evening, but its a haul if there isn't a real fix out there yet. Has anyone reached out to Apple on this issue yet?

I read in another post that fix permissions might fix this issue, so I tried. No difference, but I am a newbie to OSX and could have easily done something wrong.

In addition to the iTunes issue, I noticed that all the screen savers I've downloaded give me an error message instead of displaying.

alya
Mar 23, 2011, 08:35 AM
After update start up became very very slow! Took almost same time as my two years old MBP 13' with full of soft inside. After that, got iTunes freeze. When I've checked Hard disk for errors, got message, that hard disk has hardware issue and I have to repair it. So I've used usb that came with MBA and repaired the HD. iTunes seems to work fine, but I still feel that MPA is slower, that it was before update! So bad.

Mr. Zarniwoop
Mar 23, 2011, 09:08 AM
Hmmm... I launched iTunes today on my 10.6.7-updated MBA and it caused my computer to freeze. The caps lock key still toggled its light, but no other keys worked, nor did the mouse, and the clock obviously stopped ticking.

I didn't think much of it except "huh, I don't remember the last time my MBA crashed or froze"

KPOM
Mar 23, 2011, 09:09 AM
No issues in iTunes with base 11". However I have the feeling it is slightly slower than usual but the battery life seems to be a bit better. I can't judge just after 1 day and 1/2. Will keep updated.

Of course, I just got my "Ultimate 11" so I can't tell. However, the battery life has been pretty good, and not as much of a drop from the "Ultimate 13" as I was expecting. I seem to have avoided the issues with iTunes.

A few people on Apple's discussion board have reported that if they plug in an iPhone or iPad before starting up iTunes, the problem appears to go away.

I read in another post that fix permissions might fix this issue, so I tried. No difference, but I am a newbie to OSX and could have easily done something wrong.

Try booting into safe mode (hold the left shift key on the keyboard when turning on the air) then opening disk utility and repairing permissions works. Someone on the Apple discussion board said this helps.

It is disappointing that this "bug fix" has so many bugs itself.

Psilocybin
Mar 23, 2011, 09:46 AM
Bug fix didn't work here

BJonson
Mar 23, 2011, 10:12 AM
I've reinstalled itunes, repaired disk permissions in normal boot and in safe mode, I've also tried trashing itunes prefs. None of this has helped. Computer totally freezes when I start itunes. I'm surprised this is not headline news yet.

KPOM
Mar 23, 2011, 10:48 AM
I've reinstalled itunes, repaired disk permissions in normal boot and in safe mode, I've also tried trashing itunes prefs. None of this has helped. Computer totally freezes when I start itunes. I'm surprised this is not headline news yet.

It's starting to make the rounds.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/222964/mac_os_x_1067_causing_itunes_woes_for_macbook_air.html

latchiopal
Mar 23, 2011, 10:51 AM
Mine ultimate 13" frezzzzzez to.... Bad Apple bad!

jamesryanbell
Mar 23, 2011, 11:03 AM
I just ordered the 11.6" refurb about ten minutes ago. I'm thinking I WILL NOT be updating to 10.6.7. This sounds like a nightmare for Air users. Both of the people I know with Airs are having iTunes crashes and SLOW bootups.

gb1631
Mar 23, 2011, 03:14 PM
No issues before or after update to OS 10.6.7 :D

Psilocybin
Mar 23, 2011, 03:33 PM
Only issue here is the iTunes hang

mcohen4
Mar 23, 2011, 03:35 PM
My MBA 13 Ultimate powered up in 11 seconds before the update, and 11 seconds after. Launched Itunes a few times with no problems.

jamesryanbell
Mar 23, 2011, 04:30 PM
Weird. Wonder why it only affects some MBA users and not others. :confused:

slapguts
Mar 23, 2011, 04:32 PM
Well, I may have spoke too soon.

I also had iTunes lock the entire system. It's only done it once, though. I had used iTunes multiple times since installing 10.6.7, as well. Just randomly, it decided to do it. Hasn't done it since.

Must be a perfect storm of when to restart, and when to open iTunes to get it to happen.

IngerMan
Mar 23, 2011, 04:59 PM
I was good the first few days of the update and then today :eek: Itunes freezes computer. I notice it would freeze during the Guinness update in iTunes. after about 4 re-starts it seems back to normal:confused:

MacRumorUser
Mar 23, 2011, 06:19 PM
Yep its buggered iTunes on my MBA 11" too. Apple's testing procedure seems to have been very lacking on this release, maybe they are too busy with Lion to make sure proper quality control is obeyed.

JonLa
Mar 23, 2011, 07:31 PM
Thought I'd avoided it then.... seemed to freeze when I had an iphone connected and tried to check for app updates... twice.

jeffg819
Mar 23, 2011, 07:42 PM
Have not really used the MBA since the update and decided to pull it out after reading this thread. I opened iTunes twice and both times the computer froze shortly thereafter. This is the first time I've had an issue with a OS update! Not good....

komseban
Mar 23, 2011, 07:45 PM
That's really strange.
I updated and I haven't had any problems with iTunes at all.
I have a 13" stock late 2010 MBP if that helps.

edit.
WHOOOPPS.
I just realized I was in the Air forum and not the Pro.
Apologies! C:

fatlardo
Mar 23, 2011, 07:46 PM
Wow, I am sorry that you guys are having issues. Thanks to this forum, I did not download the new update. I will when it gets fixed.

iNotion
Mar 23, 2011, 07:54 PM
iTunes FROZE twice!!! Force restarted and tried again. Same thing...

Why nobody is headlining this problem? nobody use iTunes anymore?? :mad:

jeffg819
Mar 23, 2011, 08:09 PM
Three page forum topic on the Apple support site as well.

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2791293&tstart=0

Couple of "fixes" that worked for some, not for me...

st0p.
Mar 23, 2011, 10:32 PM
I had no issues prior to the update, and none since :s I wonder what the cause is...

Do any of you guys having issues also use iTunes to sync an iphone/ipad/ipod? I personally do not...

futbalguy
Mar 23, 2011, 11:46 PM
My 13 inch Air is freezing when I log into Itunes. Wow, this is so annoying. Apple better fix this quickly. Seems to be affecting a lot of people.

BENJMNS
Mar 24, 2011, 12:13 AM
yup though the fixing permissions did it, but hanging again whenever i start itunes.
and my MBA is very basic in setup and usage. office 2011, web, itunes, that's about it!

i'm jus tnot running itunes righ tnow :(

ZipZap
Mar 24, 2011, 07:14 AM
If I learned one thing from owning an iOS/iPhone. Never, Ever, Ever upgrade to a new Apple OS when its first released.

NEVER.

This has saved me countless headaches. In a few weeks all this strif will be resolved and I will not have had to ride the train.

BJonson
Mar 24, 2011, 09:41 AM
If I learned one thing from owning an iOS/iPhone. Never, Ever, Ever upgrade to a new Apple OS when its first released.

NEVER.

This has saved me countless headaches. In a few weeks all this strif will be resolved and I will not have had to ride the train.

Oh brother you said it.

slapguts
Mar 24, 2011, 11:55 AM
Well, that's twice in a row today. Tried the permissions repair, no luck.

I guess I just won't use iTunes until a fix comes out.

jamesryanbell
Mar 24, 2011, 12:04 PM
I bought my Air Refurb yesterday to specifically use iTunes for almost everything I'm doing on it.

If it comes with 10.6.7, is there a way to revert back to 10.6.6?

slapguts
Mar 24, 2011, 12:07 PM
I bought my Air Refurb yesterday to specifically use iTunes for almost everything I'm doing on it.

If it comes with 10.6.7, is there a way to revert back to 10.6.6?

More than likely, the USB restore drive that comes with your new Air won't be 10.6.7, so if you start it up and for some reason it's on 10.6.7, just do a reinstall from the USB drive.

Cerano
Mar 24, 2011, 12:15 PM
Tf2 cant really be played and Star Trek DAC lags like hell :mad:

jamesryanbell
Mar 24, 2011, 12:24 PM
More than likely, the USB restore drive that comes with your new Air won't be 10.6.7, so if you start it up and for some reason it's on 10.6.7, just do a reinstall from the USB drive.

Very cool. Thanks for the heads up.

KPOM
Mar 24, 2011, 12:34 PM

True, but it likely won't be 10.6.6, either. It might be 10.6.4 or whatever the latest version of OS X was last October. You'll need to find a 10.6.6 update file somewhere if you want to have the App Store and some other improvements since then.

crazzyeddie
Mar 24, 2011, 12:38 PM
I'm having this exact problem. Glad I'm not alone, but still very dissatisfying...

YMark
Mar 24, 2011, 03:03 PM
It appears that Apple's test team needs some new engineers. Or, the fools that released this with known issues. One or the other failed.

JonLa
Mar 24, 2011, 03:43 PM
Apart from the freezing, when I have the macbook on my lap, it *feels* like it's running slightly hotter. Of course I don't really have a record of what the temps were beforehand - I've only had it a month.

CPU temp currently 55C (133F) under minor load (Safari, Transmission, Sparrow Lite) I swear it was just under 50 under similar conditions before the update. It's an ultimate 13" if anyone wants to give me comparisons?

b-rad g
Mar 24, 2011, 03:54 PM
+1 with iTunes freezing moments after opening.

JonLa
Mar 24, 2011, 03:59 PM
+1 with iTunes freezing moments after opening.

Will be trying some of the tips from this thread in a mo:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2790883&start=90&tstart=30

temp now 60C

ufkdo
Mar 24, 2011, 04:04 PM
After this update, I needed to shut my MBA down 2 times holding the power button because it stopped responding. I think the problem is with itunes, hope they will provide a minor update to fix this.

JonLa
Mar 24, 2011, 04:38 PM
Just had it happen again. tried this one.

Reboot
Launch Mac App Store
Launch Itunes

seems to have got itunes working.... until next reboot

slapguts
Mar 24, 2011, 04:47 PM
Hmm, strange. Just tried it again, iTunes opening froze the system twice in a row.

So I turned off the Airport connection, launched iTunes, and it opened fine. Turned the Airport back on, and it seems to be working fine.

Anyone else willing to test this? I'm going to log out of my iTunes account, and turn off Genius, and try again.

Crusader
Mar 24, 2011, 06:09 PM
My itunes lock up the system after a few seconds. But if I immediately stop it from connecting to itunes store after launching itunes, everything run fine. damn.... :mad:

omniatlas
Mar 24, 2011, 06:13 PM
Hmm, don't know why you guys are having all these problems. iTunes and source games runs flawless for me, both on my macbook air, and hackintosh.

JonLa
Mar 24, 2011, 06:25 PM
Hmm, don't know why you guys are having all these problems. iTunes and source games runs flawless for me, both on my macbook air, and hackintosh.

Yeah - its really odd. I'm a Mac newbie, as of a month ago with this Air, and I really haven't done anything more advanced than add a few programs from the app store, MS Office, and regularly install Apple updates (my windows legacy) - I can't understand i - I've done virtually nothing to this machine yet... but itunes keeps freezing up the entire machine, requiring a hard reboot (holding down the power button).

KPOM
Mar 24, 2011, 06:57 PM
Yeah - its really odd. I'm a Mac newbie, as of a month ago with this Air, and I really haven't done anything more advanced than add a few programs from the app store, MS Office, and regularly install Apple updates (my windows legacy) - I can't understand i - I've done virtually nothing to this machine yet... but itunes keeps freezing up the entire machine, requiring a hard reboot (holding down the power button).

My guess is that the bug affects certain configurations, or certain combinations of software, updates, or hardware. Note that two computers, even from the same line, will have some differences in displays, components, etc.

Maybe we can discern some patterns. I, so far, have not had issues, and I've used iTunes several times. I installed 10.6.7 from the full download on Apple's website, rather than Software Update. Primarily that was because I wasn't at my Mac at the time, but wanted to download it from the faster connection that I had at the time.

omniatlas
Mar 24, 2011, 07:40 PM
Maybe we can discern some patterns. I, so far, have not had issues, and I've used iTunes several times. I installed 10.6.7 from the full download on Apple's website, rather than Software Update. Primarily that was because I wasn't at my Mac at the time, but wanted to download it from the faster connection that I had at the time.

I also did a full download and skipped the 'software update' because I had two macs I wanted to update.

Perhaps there were certain components missing if you did a software update? I remember downloading a 400+ MB file whereas the software update only wanted to do a 300+ MB download.

iNotion
Mar 25, 2011, 03:13 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Only issue here is the iTunes hang

My whole entire system feels like I am running on Windows... Slow. Very slow. Frames per second lagging~ like hell, when watching movies or play games!!

MacUser09
Mar 25, 2011, 03:34 AM
Don't know if this will help anyone. Saw it on cnet this am:

After updating your OS you may find a number of small issues with programs not functioning properly or some system services not working. As we noted earlier, some people have had difficulty with iTunes freezing after updating to OS X 10.6.7, but in addition some other people have found their Bluetooth devices such as the Magic Mouse and Magic Trackpad have not been able to connect.
When these types of issues occur, sometimes basic resets can clear the problem and cause the system to properly recognize the available services. The basic resets are to restart the computer (using Safe Mode and then restarting normally as an optional step), reset the PRAM, and reset the SMC.
A basic restart is fairly straightforward, but to get to Safe Mode you will need to press and hold the Shift key after the boot chimes and until the gray Apple boot screen appears. After the system finishes booting to Safe Mode, restart it again normally.
To reset the PRAM, restart the system and immediately hold down the Option-Command-P-R keys all at once after hearing the boot chimes. Hold these keys and wait for the system to cycle through a few resets (you should hear the boot chimes each time). Then release the keys and allow the system to boot normally.
The last option is to reset the System Management Controller (SMC), which is responsible for handling power, peripheral lights, buttons, and various system sensors. The process for resetting the SMC will depend on the specific Mac model you have, so be sure to check Apple's SMC reset instructions for information on how to do this with your Mac. In the case of Bluetooth devices not being recognized, people have found the SMC reset fixed the issue.
These resets can help fix odd problems after an update; however, do not do them if your system is working fine. While performing these resets will not harm anything, sometimes they can cause system settings and behaviors to revert to default.

Read more: http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13727_7-20046254-263.html#ixzz1Hb9XFLQQ

tom vilsack
Mar 25, 2011, 03:50 AM
True, but it likely won't be 10.6.6, either. It might be 10.6.4 or whatever the latest version of OS X was last October. You'll need to find a 10.6.6 update file somewhere if you want to have the App Store and some other improvements since then.

what version of osx your mac shipped with

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1159

10.6.6 combo update

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1349

rikahlberg
Mar 25, 2011, 07:33 AM
Since the 10.6.7 update on my 11.6" Air I'm getting clicking sounds from the internal speakers (haven't tried external output, since I don't use that) when I'm playing video in VLC, QuickTime, iTunes, or quick look. Has anyone else seen this?

Other than this, I'm not seeing any ill effects from the 10.6.7 update.

major7
Mar 25, 2011, 09:08 AM
The questio now is: When the Hell will Apple release a new firmware???

mfram
Mar 25, 2011, 09:51 AM
I was having freezing issues when open iTunes as well. I did the PRAM reset procedure and have not had any freezes since. When the procedure works properly your screen should return to full brightness on the first reboot.

DarwinOSX
Mar 25, 2011, 10:05 AM
The questio now is: When the Hell will Apple release a new firmware???

What does new firmware have to do with anything? If there is a problem, which is doubtful, it could be addressed by a software patch.

DarwinOSX
Mar 25, 2011, 10:06 AM

NEVER.

You could say that about anything new. But I pretty much always upgrade right away and its never really been an issue. The only thing I've noticed was iTunes and that was fixed by repairing permissions and a reboot. Oh, the horror.

No issues with Source games or anything else.

major7
Mar 25, 2011, 10:10 AM
What does new firmware have to do with anything? If there is a problem, which is doubtful, it could be addressed by a software patch.

Ok! So the question is: When the Hell will Apple release a new software patch?
Works better for you?

Doubtful????????????

I can't listen to music or my mba will freeze....am i to blame?

Beaverman3001
Mar 25, 2011, 04:37 PM
Deleting preference files for iTunes seems to have fixed it for me (so far, will see how that goes). But this is obnoxious to have happen with a update.

ZipZap
Mar 25, 2011, 05:03 PM
You could say that about anything new. But I pretty much always upgrade right away and its never really been an issue. The only thing I've noticed was iTunes and that was fixed by repairing permissions and a reboot. Oh, the horror.

No issues with Source games or anything else.

The approach has never failed me for PC's, Mac's, iOS Devices ...so what's your point?

ufkdo
Mar 25, 2011, 06:50 PM
I am tired and really pissed off. What is wrong with itunes? How in the world just itunes can freeze the entire os x several times? I wish I had't updated to 10.6.7 :( epic fail.

Laes
Mar 25, 2011, 08:18 PM
Does anyone else have problems with 3D / general use of the OS lagging now, it's like framerate lag almost... Getting lag in Garageband just when playing tracks that I never had before :(

rav16
Mar 26, 2011, 02:31 PM
hi i guys iam new to mac . on the 8th march i bought the first ever mac in my life 11.6 inches mac air . it came with 10.6.5 version and then i updated it to 10.6.6 and everything is fine and smooth . now iam getting update for 10.6.7 shall i update or wait ? so far the little boy is working super.

IngerMan
Mar 26, 2011, 03:12 PM
Rav16

I would wait. I just restored today from time machine back to the 10.6.6

I was tired of iTunes freezing my computer every other day. Other than that I did not see any thing else. But that was enough to go back.

rav16
Mar 26, 2011, 04:16 PM
Rav16

I would wait. I just restored today from time machine back to the 10.6.6

I was tired of iTunes freezing my computer every other day. Other than that I did not see any thing else. But that was enough to go back.

Ingerman
thanx so much for your advice , shall i wait till apple sends a new update u mean say like 10.6.8 ?

IngerMan
Mar 26, 2011, 04:39 PM
That is my plan Rav16, just keep an eye on this site. I am sure it will be posted when a fix is in.

GizmoDVD
Mar 27, 2011, 09:17 PM
Same issue here.

iTunes crashed or freezes my computer.

WiFi will randomly stop working.

Damnit

fyrefly
Mar 27, 2011, 09:40 PM
I have absolutely no iTunes 10.2.1/SL 10.6.7 issues on my 13" or 11" 2010 MBAs.

iNotion
Mar 28, 2011, 01:53 AM
Everything on 10.6.7 seems so lagging!

My bluetooth mouse got no sense of direction.
My iTunes went crazy and then hangs~.
My adobe photoshop seems so lagging~.

I am hating my Mac experiences on my MBA because of 10.6.7!!

noripwr
Mar 28, 2011, 04:19 AM
wow some of you are having even more severe issues. Only have the iTunes freeze so far. Everything else is great. I should try the pram reset.

KPOM
Mar 29, 2011, 11:01 AM
At this point, I think it makes sense for people to report the issue to Apple Support, if you haven't done so already. I'm sure Apple doesn't read every message board out there, so if people don't contact support, they won't know how widespread the issues are and won't issue a fix.

major7
Mar 29, 2011, 11:51 AM
KPOM, I think they know....they can't be that distracted because this is serious business...

i'll wait till the end of the week...if no answer till then ill have to format....painfull but 2weeks is too long for them to say something or resolve this issue. Can't wait no longer to be able to use what i paid for.

I know there are no perfect companies....but this is bad for their image...i dont get really upset because of what happened because i know it will be solved but mostly because of what hasnt happend. No press release, no "wait a little, we're working on it"...that just shows disrespect...

In today's World...people can forgive mistakes but we can't forgive lies or indiference! And some may say....people want everything done for yesterday and are always complaining...well no...we just want to know what's going on as we feel in the right to since the moment we trusted them with our money.

Guess they never learn...

KPOM
Mar 29, 2011, 12:14 PM
KPOM, I think they know....they can't be that distracted because this is serious business...

Guess they never learn...

According to some people on the Apple discussion boards, when they called up Apple, it wasn't on their list of known support issues. Remember, it seems to be intermittent. I haven't had the iTunes issue, and I've used iTunes several times since updating. It may well be a combination of factors or particular installations that are causing issues.

There aren't lots of news articles on this. Do a Google search and all you'll see are some articles from 6 days ago. By contrast, the iPhone antenna issue was all over the tech press for weeks. If Apple starts to get deluged with support calls, Genius Bar appointments, and e-mails from angry customers, they'll start to pay attention. If not, they may not. Remember, they are a big corporation and act like it. It's easier to ignore random messageboards than support lines.

major7
Mar 29, 2011, 12:38 PM
Those "tech assistants" who pick up calls are the same all over the world...people who dont know nothing except reading the FAQ out loud for you.

I'm talking about the real Apple employees who are paid to keep track on things like this....i find it hard to believe that big companies aren't interested in the feedback on their products....they gotta go to the consumer and not otherwise....and those engineers, etc are people like us...they must surf the web for something else than fbook... believe me, they know.

As for the pub....iPhone is a different product and that antenna issue was an hardware issue...has more impact than software flaws. It's like saying: we took the time we wanted to make this phone and still we couldnt make it right...forgot people need to make calls...lol

EDIT: If i was cheap i would offer them to hire me to show them some lights on how to keep clients satisfied....we all know its a beautiful product but so are our wives and we sometimes get tired of them either :D

jamesryanbell
Mar 29, 2011, 12:52 PM
THIS IS ABSURD. It should've been solved within 48 hours or so, and been put on priority status.

The funny part is that it's not even affecting me. I just don't like the IDEA that it wasn't FIRST PRIORITY to fix this problem.

Susurs
Mar 29, 2011, 01:45 PM
THIS IS ABSURD. It should've been solved within 48 hours or so, and been put on priority status.

The funny part is that it's not even affecting me. I just don't like the IDEA that it wasn't FIRST PRIORITY to fix this problem.

I was watching a thread (and posting there too) on Apple discussion boards about 10.6.7. issues. The thread got "spammed" with with multiple responses from two persons who called themselves experts. In short from responses: "10.6.7 is good, many run it without an issue, don't blame Apple for this, your hardware is faulty, iTunes is rock stable (after I directed him to one of the multiple threads about iTunes and 10.6.7. crashes I got a response with something like: "there are only 74 people saying this is an issue in that thread and that doesn't prove anything")." and so on and so on...

Link to the thread: http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=13296604�

GreyMatta
Mar 29, 2011, 01:52 PM
I was watching a thread (and posting there too) on Apple discussion boards about 10.6.7. issues. The thread got "spammed" with with multiple responses from two persons who called themselves experts. In short from responses: "10.6.7 is good, many run it without an issue, don't blame Apple for this, your hardware is faulty, iTunes is rock stable (after I directed him to one of the multiple threads about iTunes and 10.6.7. crashes I got a response with something like: "there are only 74 people saying this is an issue in that thread and that doesn't prove anything")." and so on and so on...

Link to the thread: http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=13296604�

I posted on that thread about my 11" Air and SC2 frame rates and but after reading some of the replies from those 2 jerks I haven't gone back to see the responses any more and have stopped the email notifications.

According to them if their mac doesn't have the issue yours must be a hardware fault. :mad:

jamesryanbell
Mar 30, 2011, 03:59 PM
Where's the fix for the 11" models?

13" model fix was posted by Apple recently.

iNotion
Mar 30, 2011, 05:44 PM
Anyone updated their MBA 13" with the latest firmware?

I just went back to 10.6.6... not gonna try it until i know it is safe to install.

AudiB8
Mar 30, 2011, 06:25 PM
Anyone updated their MBA 13" with the latest firmware?

I just went back to 10.6.6... not gonna try it until i know it is safe to install.

I was going to ask the same question - saw the issues with the firmware didn't update my 1 week old MBA. I'd love to hear from some of you who installed today's patch...Did it fix the iTunes issue? And more importantly, several users mentioned it made their MBA's very slow - did the speed come back as well?

Thanks to those that have contributed to the thread...

major7
Mar 30, 2011, 06:37 PM
iTunes is finally working!!!!....can't say anything else because i had no other issue.

Still...no apologies...nothing to thank about :D