Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dr Dre

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 5, 2011
So, I've noticed that Sena are planning on making this sleeve (http://www.senacases.com/apple/ipad-2-cases/ultraslim-cases/#) for the ipad 2, they are already taking pre-orders.

Was just wondering, anyone got one of these for the ipad 1? what is it like? what is the quality of leather like, etc?

thanks, any help or answers to these questions would be greatly appreciated.

screen_shot_2010-07-28_at_10.16.59_pm.jpg

JasperCat

macrumors newbie
Mar 24, 2011
I see they are making them to fit with smartcover as well - a variety of colors too

Yeah, saw that one at the weekend and ordered it in black, it's arriving this afternoon (UK). Will let you know how it fits.

I've already got the Ultraslim for iPhone4 and it's a lovely for keeping it protected with minimum bulk. My iPad1 has a Sena Folio, which has been real nice, but a little bit bulky for me now.

Have had Sena for all my iOS devices and love their quality.

JasperCat

macrumors newbie
Mar 24, 2011
Just arrived. Fits like a glove, with the smart cover in place. As always, it's quite a tight fit, but will loosen nicely over next few hours/days. Very impressed.

Intend to use this as a carrying pouch for travelling and then continue to use the iPad just with its smart cover around the office, as I've been doing for last week.

Only comment I would make is that there will be minimal drop protection from this style of case. Great to stop scratches whilst in my travel bag though.

cbronfman

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2008
Washington DC
Just arrived. Fits like a glove, with the smart cover in place. As always, it's quite a tight fit, but will loosen nicely over next few hours/days. Very impressed.

Intend to use this as a carrying pouch for travelling and then continue to use the iPad just with its smart cover around the office, as I've been doing for last week.

Only comment I would make is that there will be minimal drop protection from this style of case. Great to stop scratches whilst in my travel bag though.

+1.

Mine just arrived - I'm pleased as it hardly increases the weight or the bulk at all but holds the smart cover firmly there. Yes, it's tight - but I've been pulling it in an out and I think it will loosen somewhat. It's a sleeve so it's not huge protection, but it's just what I wanted to cushion the iPad2 that little bit more when I carry in my bag (particularly to keep the smart cover firmly on top of the glass). I ordered the Ultralite for iPad2 with Smart Cover.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.