Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SyncFx

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 27, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Just curious if anyone is having problems, or improvements since's Apple's 10.6.7 release.

I have yet to run Steam but soon will and might test with Half Life 2 or something, but I read around that people have lost performance since the update to something like 10-20 FPS difference.

ddehr026

macrumors 6502
May 1, 2010
It shouldn't matter. Depending on what mbp you have. I have steam running on my mbp 9600gt 512mb and didn't notice anything. But then again, I don't really play source based games in osx due to the mouse acceleration.

SyncFx

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 27, 2011
Vancouver, BC
It shouldn't matter. Depending on what mbp you have. I have steam running on my mbp 9600gt 512mb and didn't notice anything. But then again, I don't really play source based games in osx due to the mouse acceleration.

I should make a thread, download iMouseFix. One click and your acceleration problems are gone :)

Anyways, going to boot up CSS then HL2 and test right now.

Sambo110

macrumors 68000
Mar 12, 2007
Australia
I don't know if performance is any better/worse, but in 10.6.6, after closing a game, it would beachball when going into another app for 5 or so seconds, now it works as fast as always straight after closing a game :D

vanvalkinburgh

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2011
OS X 10.6.7 doesn't fix the problems with Borderlands on my MacBook Pro with intel HD 3000. Feral said they are still talking to apple about the problem, and will release a patch, if apple doesn't/can't fix it with an update.

mac2x

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2009
I can affirm that, at least for me, 10.6.7 does not affect Call of Duty 4 in any negative way.

killilluminati

macrumors newbie
Mar 28, 2011
Uk
Noticed a slight improvement in speed playing Bioshock on my MBP 13" (late 2010).

I have noticed a drop of 15-25% in FPS since 10.6.7 SC 2 now plays at mostly ultra 25fps (10.6.6 35fps) no amount of adjustment seems to improve on that. Wow, warhammer online and eve online are the same. Turned down settings on all to get same FPS. Yes it fixed the crash on exit problem but i'd rather have that and be able to game. Seriously i bought Apple to get less problems and to have something that just worked. So far out of the box it crashed on every game exit and their fix? Release drivers that offer crap FPS but lower temps and more stable. i know this as my gpu never gets above 70c before (79c +) underclock prediction..... all smells a bit fishy. release with fast drivers, reviewers publish benchmarks and gaming FPS.. then release an underclocked driver lower temps, less hardware faults in future (saves apple some ££'s replacing hardware). im only 10 days in to my purchase seriously thinking of returning it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.