Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davidlw

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 19, 2008
Is there a app that allow you to turn off all notifications except the phone ringer and the alarm when sleeping. The beep beep all night long gets annoying. But I do want to keep the phone ringer and the alarm active.

DuckSoup

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2008
Upstate Central NY
Ths is why Apple needs to put in RINGER PROFILES in iOS. I am really perplexed why iOS does not have it while many other systems do. After 7 years of having it on previous phones I really miss it.

Mike

psonice

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2005
There won't be an app for it, because apps aren't allowed to change system settings (this removes tons of potential problems, as much as it'd be useful sometimes).

I set mine to airplane mode before sleeping, and don't touch the volume controls. That means no emails, messages, etc. and therefore no sound, until the alarm goes off.

It also means no phone calls too though. My landline is right next to the bed, if it's urgent enough to wake me up people can call that. In the middle of the night, I figure I'm only going to get 2 kinds of call: an emergency (people would naturally call the landline number for this) or drunk-dialling friends (in which case they'd call the mobile, and I don't want to talk to them :D)

dongma

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2011
Stupidly Silly, It Works, Not My Idea

I was surfing like mad trying to find an answer to this issue. I need the phone to be able to ring outloud in case work needs to get to me at night, but don't want all the other sounds to wake me.

No luck until more surfing this morning. Wish I could take credit for it but someone else gave me the idea. Tested it and it works.

Take a headphone jack, you can even take an old one that does not work and cut off the jack. Plug it in to your iphone. YOU ARE DONE!!!!

Phone rings loud and clear. All else tries to play through the headphones. So simple, so stupid, so elegent, and it works!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.