Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BeSweeet

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 2, 2009
San Antonio, TX
From Cult of Mac: http://www.cultofmac.com/is-there-an-issue-with-ipad-2-cameras-video/87661

capture03n.jpg

Has anybody else experienced this before? Even though it only happens for maybe 4 frames, I just don't think that this should be happening at all. Yes, it's quite possibly a software issue, but meh.

Here's a frame-by-frame animation:
loop.gif

And here's my video that I took those stills from:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OM4ngyTZuiY

My original post with more stills: http://jailbreakzone.com/2011/03/23/possible-ipad-2-camera-issues/

Last edited:

danhig123

macrumors member
Sep 1, 2006
Hello

I am having the same problem. Also when I take a photo with the camera app the photo comes out 'mirrored' ie the opposite way round. Are you having that problem too, and how did you fix it?

Dan

danhig123

macrumors member
Sep 1, 2006
I'm going to call Apple about it tomorrow. Have you spoken to them? I'm not going to take it back until they can swap it for a new one though. Will have to live with it for a few weeks, unless it's a software issue?

guitardogcar

macrumors member
Mar 24, 2011
wisco
I'm going to call Apple about it tomorrow. Have you spoken to them? I'm not going to take it back until they can swap it for a new one though. Will have to live with it for a few weeks, unless it's a software issue?

I believe you will find Apple has replacements of most at their stores. That was my experience at least, 64gig black iPad2, replaced for human error. Yah, I know. But you might talk to a store manager before trying. My opinion is that hey are pretty strait forward when it comes to keeping an already paid customer happy. Just remember they have less power over the phone, especially if the issue might be software related. Anyone know if it might be?

Hopefully that gets resolved soon. It is a reasonably odd, but annoying problem...

Mirage38

macrumors newbie
Mar 30, 2011
Same problem

I have the exact same problem with the camera on my iPad 2. It seems even more severe than this though. I have the pics and video to prove it. Foolish of me to get this device on launch day. Here's the proof. IMG_0018.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

Zitro

macrumors member
Mar 12, 2011
I have 2 iPad 2's 64 gig att's and both have this issue much worst than the video of the carwash. Not like the resolution in the cameras wasn't bad enough but this issue makes the cameras in mine almost useless. Also have a couple friends with them experiencing the same issue. Such a shame.

johnc22

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2010
Atlanta
I was able to reproduce this easily on the first try. Take video in a room with windows, and pan over to the windows and away and back again and see if you don't see it.

BeSweeet

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 2, 2009
San Antonio, TX
People are saying that restarting your iPad 2 will fix it. I haven't had this problem since I made the initial post.

BobbieM629

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2011
Midwest
I've tried to mimic to see if I am having camera issues. I purchased from a BB on March 23 and mine is NOT having this issue as of yet. I've tried like PP suggested and still haven't seen any change.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.