Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macdaddy121

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 8, 2003
Georgia
I have seen this question on here a couple of times but the thread was never responded to. So, I will go ahead and ask nicely for any advice on a usb hub.

I have the mac mini and I just need a couple extra usb ports. Any advice or good reviews would be much appreciated. Thanks for everyone reading and actually responding.

blodwyn

macrumors 65816
Jul 28, 2004
Portland, Oregon
I bought a Targus mini USB hub from Office Depot for my Powerbook. I've been using it since last June with no problems with an external hard disk.

mcmav37

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2004
Ann Arbor, MI
I have a great Belkin hub--the one with 5 USB 2 ports on the back and 2 more vertically oriented ones for flash drives or iPod shuffles. It works great and I've seen it at newegg for like $35. So, it's like paying for a shuffle dock, but getting 6 more USB ports.

macdaddy121

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 8, 2003
Georgia
mcmav37 said:
I have a great Belkin hub--the one with 5 USB 2 ports on the back and 2 more vertically oriented ones for flash drives or iPod shuffles. It works great and I've seen it at newegg for like $35. So, it's like paying for a shuffle dock, but getting 6 more USB ports.

Do you have a link or a model number?

gwuMACaddict

macrumors 68040
Apr 21, 2003
washington dc
i also have a belkin usb hub. works great, never had any complaints with it. sounds like the one described earlier, but without the vertical ports.

does have the fun blinking LED's though. thats key.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.