Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

itsjustmeee

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 28, 2008
I've been posting for a while on the Plex forums about "missing mp3 folders" and why plex doesn't seem to see them. Basically, certain CDs in my music folder show up in the Music Plug-ins "Itunes" plugin, but not the actual plex Music section. I thought I was going crazy watching plex scan my library and pass over certain folders and files time and time again so I thought I would try a little experiment. I tried to find any similarities in the actual mp3s plex keeps ignoring and I noticed that any CDs with a 128 bitrate were the ones not being seen by the media manager, so I used a free little mac app called "Switch" and bumped a folder of 128 mp3s up to 192, hit the refresh button and bingo, plex finally saw it.

I'm guessing that plex ignores any CDs sampled with a 128 bitrate. Is that correct or was anyone aware of this? I like to think that this is a bug that can be addressed. I would hate to go through my entire library looking for any CDs that were sampled at 128 and convert them just so the plex Music section will recognize them!

brand

macrumors 601
Oct 3, 2006
I'm guessing that plex ignores any CDs sampled with a 128 bitrate. Is that correct or was anyone aware of this?

I'm thinking it might be a better idea to address this question to the Plex developers rather than to a bunch of people who probably wouldn't know the answer. You might try contacting Elan directly at support@plexapp.com or in the Plex forums.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.