PDA

View Full Version : Macbook Air erroring and shutting down at Trash Empty???

shaun0207
Mar 24, 2011, 08:34 AM
Morning Guys:

I've been having a issue with my Macbook Air (Rev. C (June 2009)) for a while now. I have a 2TB External WD HDD that I have connected to my AIR. In the middle of trying to delete some files off my external drive, it got disconnected from my AIR. So I reconnected the drive and tried to delete the files again. The trash emptied but left all the files I was trying to delete in the trash, but when I disconnect the external drive, the files disappear. So I was content to just let them stay there as long as they dont cause me any issues.

Well eventually, when I started trying to empty my trash, a transparent screen comes over my screen and wont allow me to do anything, with a note that says "Your computer needs to be turned off and turned back one". At one point it was happening even before I got would try to empty the trash. So I wiped my computer and reinstalled everything a couple times to see if it would help the issue and it works for months , then out of nowhere it starts this powering off thing again.

Any ideas?