Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vniow

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jul 18, 2002
I accidentally my whole location.
Hi. My dad just got a big check from Cisco and chances are that we're going to use a portion of that on a brand new iMac. Yay! :p

There's just one little problem;

We have an older HP parallel-port all-in-one printer that won't work on it. Duh. My question is since I have an XP box that will support it, if my parents get Airport and if I got a 802.11 card, could you print from the Mac to my PC or does it only work with USB and Macs?

-Thanx:)

vniow

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jul 18, 2002
Okay, I lust looked at HP's website and it says that the HP Officejet 700 All-In-One isn't supported by any Mac OS, would Jaguar not print to it anywayz, wether we had a usb to parallel adapter or used the airport printer sharing?
C'mon, surely somebody can answer at least one of these questions. We're going to be spending $1400 on a brand new computer and we don't want to spend another $200 to replace a working, albeit old, printer.
:)

Farside161

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2002
Portland, OR
you might be able to if you have a USB to parallel adapter and using the "defalt printer.." setting in print center. I dont know about airport printer sharing with your XP box and i don't know about geting the extra stuff with your all-in-one printer, but you should be able to print to it.

Gus

macrumors 65816
Jan 1, 2002
Minnesota
One of the conditions of printer sharing in any Mac OS is that the driver for that printer has to be installed on all the computers using it. I think you might out of luck.

Gus

scem0

macrumors 604
Jul 16, 2002
back in NYC!
I would have to recommend Samsung's ML 1210 if color printing isnt important to you. It is a laser printer that does text extremely well, and can cost as little as $110.00. It is a great deal, I love mine :D.

vniow

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jul 18, 2002
Originally posted by scem0
I would have to recommend Samsung's ML 1210 if color printing isnt important to you. It is a laser printer that does text extremely well, and can cost as little as $110.00. It is a great deal, I love mine :D.

Thanx, but color printing is important. It's really for my Mom, and she does photos every once in awhile, even more if we get a digital camera with part of this check. She wanted an all-in-one cuz she does copies ocassionally, but we'll probably have to settle for a seperate scanner and printer.
I'll keep that in mind if I ever start printing a lot of documents.
:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.