PDA

View Full Version : Horrible Screeching Noise

shellyg811
Mar 24, 2011, 12:42 PM
Hello All,

My 3rd gen Ipod Touch, whether I am playing a game, or watching a video, or trying to listen to songs...will proceed alright for about 20 seconds, then the "normal" volume turns into an ear piercing screech...:(

You can no longer hear the regular audio, this screech replaces it. I immediately turn the volume all the way off.

It does NOT do this if I am using my headphones. The Ipod does not have water damage, has not been dropped, no screen damage, etc. I've had it for about a year now and this problem cropped up probably a couple months ago.

I appreciate any input...thanks! :D

tablo13
Mar 24, 2011, 05:39 PM
What headphones do you use?

Sent from my iPod touch 4th generation using Tapatalk

shellyg811
Mar 28, 2011, 08:12 AM
I use whatever headphones happen to be around...not usually the apple ones, they are too big for me.

However, the only time this noise happens in when I'm not using the headphones, and just trying to hear the volume, game sounds, music, etc without the headphones....

redsteven
Mar 28, 2011, 08:18 AM
I have no idea. But to give other people more information... Does it only happen if the sound is playing for 20 seconds STRAIGHT?

In other words, if you play sound for 10 seconds, then stop... then play sound for another 10 seconds, and stop.... and then for another 10 seconds, do you have a problem then?

shellyg811
Mar 28, 2011, 09:36 AM
I'm not sure about that, I will have to try it when i get home...I'll see on the timing, I was just guessing on the 20 seconds. Typically as soon as it happens i just turn the volume all the way off.

It does seem like it might only happen if i have the volume turned up past 1/2 level i would say. Turning it back down tends to make the screech go away, but at that point the volume is also so low i cant hear any of the sounds anyway.

Will post with more info asap.

Thanks!