PDA

View Full Version : Apple care question.. (legit question)

gravytrain84
Mar 25, 2011, 12:49 AM
Last night I sold my brother my 16gb ipad2 and I bought a new 32g... The 16gb had the 2 yr Apple care plan, is there a way for apple to transfer that 2 year plan over to my new 32 gb?? Tia!:D

saving107
Mar 25, 2011, 12:53 AM
Is the AppleCare Protection Plan transferable?
Yes. If you choose to sell or give away your Apple product, you can also transfer the ownership of the AppleCare Protection Plan. Please see the AppleCare Protection Plan Terms and Conditions for complete details.

http://www.apple.com/support/products/faqs.html

gravytrain84
Mar 25, 2011, 12:54 AM
Thanks fella

AF08
Mar 25, 2011, 12:54 AM
nvm

deathcab4xtina
Mar 25, 2011, 12:55 AM
nope its attached to the device!

saving107
Mar 25, 2011, 12:56 AM
nope its attached to the device!

That's funny because Apple says you can.

shootingrubber
Mar 25, 2011, 01:13 AM

IIRC you cannot transfer AppleCare between devices. You can only transfer AppleCare between different owners of the device in which the AppleCare was originally purchased on.

CAWjr
Mar 25, 2011, 08:12 AM

Apple says you can transfer the ownership of the device & the plan will follow, but you cannot take an AppleCare that is attached to one device & then move it to a different device. If you could do that, people would only buy one AppleCare plan for multiple products and just move it over whenever they needed to use it.

6. Transfer of Plan
Subject to the restrictions set forth below, you may make a one-time permanent transfer of all of
your rights under the Plan to another party, provided that: (a) the transfer must include the original
Proof of Purchase, the Plan's Certificate and all of the Plan's packaging material, including printed
materials and these Terms and Conditions; (b) you notify Apple of the transfer by sending, faxing or
e-mailing notice of transfer to Apple Inc., ATTN: Agreement Administration, MS: 217AC, 2511
Laguna Blvd, Elk Grove, CA 95758, U.S., fax number 916-399-7337 or agmts_transfer@apple.com,
respectively; and (c) the party receiving the Plan reads and agrees to accept the Terms and
Conditions of the Plan. When notifying Apple of the transfer of the Plan, you must provide the Plan
Agreement Number, the serial numbers of the Covered Equipment being transferred and the name,
address, telephone number and email address of the new owner.

gravytrain84
Mar 25, 2011, 09:45 AM
Apple says you can transfer the ownership of the device & the plan will follow, but you cannot take an AppleCare that is attached to one device & then move it to a different device. If you could do that, people would only buy one AppleCare plan for multiple products and just move it over whenever they needed to use it.

6. Transfer of Plan
Subject to the restrictions set forth below, you may make a one-time permanent transfer of all of
your rights under the Plan to another party, provided that: (a) the transfer must include the original
Proof of Purchase, the Plan's Certificate and all of the Plan's packaging material, including printed
materials and these Terms and Conditions; (b) you notify Apple of the transfer by sending, faxing or
e-mailing notice of transfer to Apple Inc., ATTN: Agreement Administration, MS: 217AC, 2511
Laguna Blvd, Elk Grove, CA 95758, U.S., fax number 916-399-7337 or agmts_transfer@apple.com,
respectively; and (c) the party receiving the Plan reads and agrees to accept the Terms and
Conditions of the Plan. When notifying Apple of the transfer of the Plan, you must provide the Plan
Agreement Number, the serial numbers of the Covered Equipment being transferred and the name,
address, telephone number and email address of the new owner.

Well that sucks.... Guess i just pissed away $85

CAWjr
Mar 25, 2011, 09:47 AM
Well that sucks.... Guess i just pissed away $85

Tell your brother to buy you a new cover for your iPad & call it square.

BTW...Geaux Tigers!