PDA

View Full Version : 11 inch air battery question..

JMB1911
Mar 25, 2011, 01:12 PM
I have the 11 in air, LOVE IT.

with the battery, is it bad to plug it in every night just to top it off....?

or am I better off just charging it when I need to?

I thought I read somewhere that the battery is goof for a certain amount of cycles?

thanks

GGJstudios
Mar 25, 2011, 01:13 PM
with the battery, is it bad to plug it in every night just to top it off....?
No.
or am I better off just charging it when I need to?
Use it on battery when you need to, charge when you can. Just don't leave it on AC power all the time.
I thought I read somewhere that the battery is goof for a certain amount of cycles?
It should hold up to 80% capacity up to 1000 cycles.

This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions:
Apple Notebook Battery FAQ (http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=9875442&postcount=23)

JMB1911
Mar 25, 2011, 01:19 PM
No.

Use it on battery when you need to, charge when you can. Just don't leave it on AC power all the time.

It should hold up to 80% capacity up to 1000 cycles.

This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions:
Apple Notebook Battery FAQ (http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=9875442&postcount=23)

sure did thank you..

firewood
Mar 25, 2011, 06:35 PM
Just don't leave it on AC power all the time.

You can leave it AC power all the time, except for a full calibration cycle once every month or so.

GGJstudios
Mar 25, 2011, 06:37 PM
You can leave it AC power all the time, except for a full calibration cycle once every month or so.
It's absolutely not recommended. Read the FAQ.

klaze
Mar 25, 2011, 06:55 PM
My adapter has always been plugged in, regardless if it needed recharging. What would happen?

ECUpirate44
Mar 25, 2011, 06:56 PM
My adapter has always been plugged in, regardless if it needed recharging. What would happen?

If you keep it plugged in all the time, you are without a doubt damaging the health of your battery. Read the FAQ GGJStudios posted.