Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

akm3

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 15, 2007
I can't get a final answer on whether the Keyboard Dock (introduced with the iPad 1) works with the iPad 2 or not.

All Apple will say is "We recommend using the ipad 2 dock plus the bluetooth keyboard", and refuse to say if the Keyboard Dock works or not. I'm sure it electrically works, but physically if the slimmer design and angled dock connector prevent it from connecting no one will tell me .

Does anyone know? I should probably just bring my dock to the Apple Store and plug a display model in.

Mjmar

macrumors 65816
May 20, 2008
Bluetooth one is the same price and can be used with the computer too. If you have a smart cover you could use that to prop up the iPad instead of buying a dock.

akm3

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 15, 2007
Bluetooth one is the same price and can be used with the computer too. If you have a smart cover you could use that to prop up the iPad instead of buying a dock.

Thanks everyone. I already have the keyboard dock with my ipad 1. Just wanted to make sure my ipad 2 could take advantage of it as well. It sounds like it can but it'll be more shakey.

I don't like the Bluetooth keyboards with the ipad because pairing/impairing is a mild pain versus plugging it in = using, unplug = not using.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.