Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

undftd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 31, 2009
Just picked up an iPad 2 today at Bestbuy, I open up the box and the unit has this small but deep scratch on it. What should I do? I called Apple an because I bought at Bestbuy they wouldn't send me a new one, they told me to go back to the store, but what's the point when they're sold out of it :confused: Going to try calling Apple again tomorrow...

iPad2.jpg

Voltair

macrumors newbie
Aug 21, 2009
Just picked up an iPad 2 today at Bestbuy, I open up the box and the unit has this small but deep scratch on it. What should I do? I called Apple an because I bought at Bestbuy they wouldn't send me a new one, they told me to go back to the store, but what's the point when they're sold out of it :confused: Going to try calling Apple again tomorrow...

The point is that your vendor will provide you with a 'code' which you can use to pass onto Apple who will authorise to provide you with a replacement ipad. That or give you a refund so you can phone up and buy direct from Apple.

HTH

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.