PDA

View Full Version : Looking to upgrade from 2006 macbook...Will next Air have Core?




WillMak
Mar 26, 2011, 04:28 AM
My 2006 macbook is showing its age and I was all set to get a new MBP but fell in love with the weight of the air. I've been holding out on getting a MBP (since the 13 was still core 2 duo) for the new core chips...but trying out the air has me confused now. Is it unreasonable to expect a core i5/i7 and thunderbolt in the next air revision? The core 2 duo is the only thing holding me back for now and I prefer buying every other gen chip when it comes to my purchases (my core 1 duo -> core -ix).



alexandero
Mar 26, 2011, 04:55 AM
It's not unreasonable, it's most likely we'll see Sandy Bridge in the next MBA revision (which I expect to be release between June and September).

I assume we'll also see Thunderbolt, although if I remember correctly the chip used in the MBP is rather large, so Apple might want to shrink that first as the MBA logic board is rather small...

zub3qin
Mar 26, 2011, 05:40 AM
My 2006 macbook is showing its age and I was all set to get a new MBP but fell in love with the weight of the air. I've been holding out on getting a MBP (since the 13 was still core 2 duo) for the new core chips...but trying out the air has me confused now. Is it unreasonable to expect a core i5/i7 and thunderbolt in the next air revision? The core 2 duo is the only thing holding me back for now and I prefer buying every other gen chip when it comes to my purchases (my core 1 duo -> core -ix).

I am in the exact same boat. Black Macbook showing its age (and beachballs) and I want a 13" Air.

But I need to know RIGHT NOW. Will it be out in June? If so I'll wait. If not until September/Oct then I'm just getting an Ultimate Air.

Why are the rumor sites DRY on Macbook Air refresh details? I am dying here!!
;)

WillMak
Mar 26, 2011, 12:16 PM
I am in the exact same boat. Black Macbook showing its age (and beachballs) and I want a 13" Air.

But I need to know RIGHT NOW. Will it be out in June? If so I'll wait. If not until September/Oct then I'm just getting an Ultimate Air.


If it doesn't come out in June or July (whenever the back to school promotion starts) then it won't be out until after the promotion in late september or october is my thinking. It would be smart of apple to use the promo to try and get rid of old stock I assume.

Psilocybin
Mar 26, 2011, 12:25 PM
why would they refresh something that is selling like hot cakes and the processor is actually still being manufactured..

lets actually think logically about the June refresh