PDA

View Full Version : Mac Mini Color Classic

bosrs1
Feb 25, 2005, 07:02 PM
Has anyone attmepted to use the mini as some people did with the G4 Cube and install it in the chassis of the old Color Classic. That was always the best Mac form factor. It would definitely be awesome to see what a Mini Color Classic could do.

dotdotdot
Feb 25, 2005, 07:16 PM
Who would want to do that anyway?

Cybernanga
Feb 25, 2005, 07:50 PM
I would

mkrishnan
Feb 25, 2005, 09:14 PM
Here's a link to one of the people with a Cube inside one:

http://www.mac512.com/ccpmg4.htm

Hmmm...that *was* the first Mac that I thought was really cute and kinda lusted after.....

EDIT: Hmmm...so what if you took that small touchscreen LCD that some people have hooked up to the Mini, and used it for this? Then, you would have a touchscreen, LCD, G4 Color Classic. If you could find some way to make bluetooth versions of the old fashioned keyboard and mouse (which I actually loved too), then you would be a veritable god on the internet. :D

MacsRgr8
Feb 26, 2005, 01:01 PM
Here's a link to one of the people with a Cube inside one

That is cool! :cool:

Vader
Feb 26, 2005, 01:10 PM
I think that is a very cool idea!

vollspacken
Feb 26, 2005, 01:46 PM
that would rock!!!

...jeez, I'm such a geek :rolleyes:

vSpacken

Macmaniac
Feb 26, 2005, 06:21 PM
The only hard part would be getting the monitor connection. The Mini is the perfect machine to do this, if you could artfully integrate the slot loading CD drive then that would be awesome:)

Trout74
Feb 26, 2005, 07:27 PM
Bosrs1

I sent you Private message, check the upper right hand corner of the page.

thanks

trout

bosrs1
Feb 28, 2005, 01:33 AM
Bosrs1

I sent you Private message, check the upper right hand corner of the page.

thanks

trout
Check your PMs.

tersono
Feb 28, 2005, 02:26 AM
I was toying with the idea of building one into a Mac Plus case, changing the built-in CRT for a small TFT panel at the same time. Figured it would make a nice little mail/web/file server.

Being the lazy sod that I am, however, I've talked myself out of it.... :p

bosrs1
Feb 28, 2005, 11:04 AM
I was toying with the idea of building one into a Mac Plus case, changing the built-in CRT for a small TFT panel at the same time. Figured it would make a nice little mail/web/file server.

Being the lazy sod that I am, however, I've talked myself out of it.... :p
That would also be cool. I hadn't considered that. If you're swapping out the monitor any of the classic cases would do fine. I think I have an old Classic I lying around... that idea alone with a small hi-res LCD has promise.