Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Scari

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 26, 2011
I downloaded a PC game on my mac, and then made a wrapper for it with Wineskin Winery. Now when I try to open it, an error message pops up that says: "There is no Windows program configured to open this type of file."

What should I do?

doh123

macrumors 65816
Dec 28, 2009
What game?

Did you set the wrapper up to launch a certain program executable? was it a .exe, .bat, or .msi?

What file are you trying to open and how? If you take some normal type of file and try to open it with the wrapper, it will give that error message if the wrapper has no program installed to handle the type of file your throwing at it.

thesandmanlives

macrumors newbie
Aug 27, 2012
Sound not working using Wineskin for Ultima Online

Hi,

Ive really wanted to play this game called Ultima Online for soo long. Ive got everything to work except for the sound! ive tried everything i know (but i dont know much) anyone willing to help?

details.... ive got:

XQuartz is now 2.7.2 (xorg-server 1.12.2)
wine- 1.4.1
winebottler- 1.2.5
mac OSX 10.6.8

ive done everything that was written on

http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/guide-to-running-uo-razor-on-osx.515151/

but i couldn't install "wininet" winetrick.

doh123

macrumors 65816
Dec 28, 2009
Hi,

Ive really wanted to play this game called Ultima Online for soo long. Ive got everything to work except for the sound! ive tried everything i know (but i dont know much) anyone willing to help?

details.... ive got:

XQuartz is now 2.7.2 (xorg-server 1.12.2)
wine- 1.4.1
winebottler- 1.2.5
mac OSX 10.6.8

ive done everything that was written on

http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/guide-to-running-uo-razor-on-osx.515151/

but i couldn't install "wininet" winetrick.
WineBottler is not Wineskin... so not really related to this thread. Besides that I've heard a lot of people complaining about sound issues with WineBottler lately... Since I make and use Wineskin, I don't know much about WineBottler.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.