PDA

View Full Version : My New Mini iPod Arrived

BWhaler
Feb 26, 2005, 12:38 AM
I got a notice at 2:15am last night that my new blue iPod had shipped, and it arrived today. How it got here so quickly is beyond me, but I'm not complaining.

Anyway, some general observations on the new mini:

1. The box is tiny. About 35% of the size of the old mini box. But then again, a lot less comes with the mini nowadays. The packaging is like a small book.

2. I bought a blue one. It's got a hint of turquoise. I didn't think I was going to like it, but it's growing on me. My wife loved the color and said she would use it, so I think it is a less masculine blue.

3. Sounds is fantastic, even better than the old mini. I think Apple has done some changes with the engineering of the mini, because the sound is amazing.

That's all I have for now...

Vader
Feb 26, 2005, 01:02 AM
Congratulations!

Kirk
Feb 26, 2005, 05:45 AM
Wow! That was fast! Enjoy!
:)

iGary
Feb 26, 2005, 08:20 AM
Enjoy! :D

Macaddicttt
Feb 26, 2005, 09:59 AM
2. I bought a blue one. It's got a hint of turquoise. I didn't think I was going to like it, but it's growing on me. My wife loved the color and said she would use it, so I think it is a less masculine blue.

Yeah, I'm still on the fence about whether I like the new colors. But I guess we'll see...

killuminati
Feb 26, 2005, 10:39 AM
Sound is fantastic, even better than the old mini. I think Apple has done some changes with the engineering of the mini, because the sound is amazing.

I thought that the quality of the song was just the quality of the file. So you can have a really high quality song but if you put it on a lousy player it will sound bad?

mashinhead
Feb 26, 2005, 07:48 PM
I got mine. blue 6 giger. The color is amazing i think. Much better than the old blue really. i highly recommend it.

keysersoze
Feb 26, 2005, 08:21 PM
I got mine. blue 6 giger. The color is amazing i think. Much better than the old blue really. i highly recommend it.

Any "real life" pics from new ipod mini owners?

vouder17
Feb 26, 2005, 08:27 PM

Yeah post some pics...

mashinhead
Feb 26, 2005, 08:41 PM

Here you go. Man i really love this blue. :D

Daveway
Feb 26, 2005, 08:51 PM
I cancelled my mini order today. It was a green one. I really wanted the blue, but after close consideration, I told myself it was too turquoise. So instead i'm off to Circuit City tomorrow for a shuffle.

Macmaniac
Feb 27, 2005, 10:46 AM
Sweet, now I can convince my mom to buy one, its very attractive! Enjoy your new toy:)

arnette
Feb 27, 2005, 02:44 PM
cool. I still think the new colors are lame (I'm still hoping for a Navy blue one eventually) but no one can argue with 18hr battery life. Enjoy!

Lacero
Feb 27, 2005, 02:45 PM
I'm still waiting for Blue Dalmation and Flower Power. :o