Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

moony1234

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 14, 2009
Hi all,

I'm a newb to the ipad world and will be picking up my ipad 2 later today.

Which apps should I get? What are your favourites and why? :))

Thanks!!

Sorry just noticed there is a seperate forum for apps, doh! Feel free to delete this thread.

Last edited:

Kontext

macrumors newbie
Mar 20, 2011
Hey there! :)

This depends heavily on what you want do use your iPad for.
If you want to do anything that's close to getting some (paper)work done, I would definitely recommend the iWork office suit, though it's only living up to it's full potential if you have a Mac with iWork on it.

Then again, iMovie and Garageband are incredibly fun if you like to be creative and want to do some movie/music editing (or even compose your own songs).

Also, there are great News-Apps for the iPad. I personally like the International Herald Tribune, but there's really one for everyone's taste.

The App I (as a student) use the most, is probably iStudiez Pro. It's a great calendar and organizer. It's got custom versions for the iPhone and the Mac too and you can sync them perfectly so that you're always up to date on each device.

Still, what Apps you want to use depends on your personal taste, I recommend browsing the App Store a little bit and looking for what seems interesting. The user's comments can help very often. :)

Yours
Kontext

mikethebigo

macrumors 68020
May 25, 2009
Hi all,

I'm a newb to the ipad world and will be picking up my ipad 2 later today.

Which apps should I get? What are your favourites and why? :))

Thanks!!

Sorry just noticed there is a seperate forum for apps, doh! Feel free to delete this thread.

Download the app called "Appstart," it's free and will really get you going.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.