Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MaryG99

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 27, 2011
I am new to IMAC and use IMOVIE 9 to make import videos off my SONY HDR-XR100 I import them into an event.

I delete the hard disk on my Handycam or I cannot tape anything else. Now I am afraid everything is on computer I have no tape since the camera is HD. How can I backup the video I previously taped and save as usable input in the future. Currently I am taking uo 336 GB of my hard drive in Imovie Events.

Thanks for advice and help on this

Dave Braine

macrumors 68040
Mar 19, 2008
Warrington, UK
Right Click on one of the Event clips andf you should see a "Reveal in Finder" option. Select that and the folder with all those clips in should open. Just drag all the clips to an external drive. Or use Time Machine.

MaryG99

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 27, 2011
one more question

Will I be able to import them in later if I remove them from events? Will it free up space?

MaryG99

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 27, 2011
Yes you are tight. I have an external drive and time machine. I am going to copy the folders to both. I am wondering if after I copy them and then delete them from events if I wanted to use them for Imovie I would be able to imprt them from external drive back to event if needed.

thanks for your patience

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.