Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr. Glass

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 3, 2007
Hello Everyone,

I am in B2B sales, and my company will soon be issuing each of us iPad's to help make accessing customer's accounts/placing orders out in the field easier.

Our territories are broken out by zip code, and I have about 10 that I cover. For cold calling, we're required to go door to door to virtually every business in a particular town, and I am seeking an easy way to log where I've been, to avoid accidentally visiting the same client twice, and to maximize productivity/planning of my route.

Is there any such way to use a program like Google Earth (or any other map software) to color code, or section off zip codes, via layering, as well as list any and all businesses on the same map? The ability to mark off which one's I've already visited would be a plus, but is not essential.

Currently, when I want to visit a specific client, I use Google Navigation on an Android phone. I am almost always able to find the address of specific clients in Google's database, so what I'm ideally looking to do is to view all of them on the map at once.

A free software solution would be preferred, but I am definitely not opposed to paying for something, or even to have something developed if it is worthwhile.

Also, we pretty much have free reign on what we can do with the iPad's, including jailbreaking (which I can do if necessary, but prefer to avoid for liability/security reasons).

Please feel free to ask any questions to clarify, as what I am trying to describe may be confusing to understand.

Thank You,

-Glass

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.