Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spmiz12

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 17, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I have several videos files want to import to iPad2; some are mp4 format, some are wmv, some are avi; some are home movies, some are full movies.... I have read to use handbrake; if so, what format does it need to be converted to so I can import into iTunes??? Any easier ways???

Stovepiper

macrumors member
Feb 27, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I have several videos files want to import to iPad2; some are mp4 format, some are wmv, some are avi; some are home movies, some are full movies.... I have read to use handbrake; if so, what format does it need to be converted to so I can import into iTunes??? Any easier ways???

Handbrake is the easiest and even has an iPad preset (assuming you've installed VLC as well). Another option is Vuze which facilitates downloading torrents as well as converting to any format you need. You can also use QuickTime Player X to "Save As" a 720p movie that will work on the iPad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.