PDA

View Full Version : GameCenter on Lion?

biel
Mar 27, 2011, 03:31 PM
Hey guys, since Lion is so much alike with the iPad, wouldn't it be awesome if Apple added GameCenter to Lion? I mean, most of the IOS games are being sold at the Mac App Store anyway... Could you imagine playing on your iPhone against someone on their Mac?? :apple:

I think it's a great idea... what's do you guys think?

poobear
Mar 27, 2011, 03:39 PM
Yep would be great.

Mackilroy
Mar 27, 2011, 05:14 PM
Nah, Steam is more than good enough. Besides, the games aren't directly translated from iOS to OS X *and a keyboard+mouse combo is better for many types of games compared to a touchscreen.

JKK photography
Mar 27, 2011, 06:55 PM
Hey guys, since Lion is so much alike with the iPad, wouldn't it be awesome if Apple added GameCenter to Lion? I mean, most of the IOS games are being sold at the Mac App Store anyway... Could you imagine playing on your iPhone against someone on their Mac?? :apple:

I think it's a great idea... what's do you guys think?

First off, Lion has similarities to iOS and the iPad, but I still don't think that they are "alike." One is for computers, with a keyboard. The other is for touchscreen devices less than 9.7 inches.

And honestly, no I don't. I have basically never used GameCenter, and I would be fine with Apple discontinuing it. Their forays into the cloud in these types of ways never end up as well as the should to compete.