Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

archdelux

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 12, 2008
Unfortunately, the ipad doesn't seem to recognize any of the videos that I record with my digital camera, and so only the photos (and not the .mpg videos) sync to the 'photos' app

My question is: is there a mac application that will go through and automatically convert all of my .mpg videos to .m4v (or other ipad-compatible formats) and leave the new videos in the same folder as the original?

I tried using handbrake, but I have to manually select the source and destination for each folder, which would take hours to do (unless I am missing something?)

Any tips appreciated!

Pete the Geek

macrumors regular
Mar 5, 2011
Sioux Lookout
I've been using the Replay Converter tool from from Applian Technologies. It will convert a batch of videos to any format you want (including the various iPod/iPad formats) and save them to the same directory. There is even an option to put them right into iTunes. I've used their Replay Capture suite of tools for years and they have been very reliable. Applian regularly makes free updates. I believe you can try before you buy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.