Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

9OOYO

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
Alright - I've had Mobile Me for over a year and really wanted to make this the "Me" site for everything (email, calendar etc...).

My probelm is - the functionality seems to be lacking. I have to be honest in typing this that I haven't tried to sync my new iPad 2 to it's calendar yet b/c I just received it. I haven't done so because I'm waiting for a clear winner to define itself in my universe.

Mobile Me is so lacking when it comes to files and file sharing.

I've been using Dropbox for file sharing. It has a shared folder that can be set up on a users Mac and PC. If I wish to share, they download and the folder is on their PC. It syncs faster and is almost instantly available to them. There is no "logging" into a website for my parents to be able to access shared pictures.

So what gives with MobileMe? I paid $99 for the year and its functionality has still not improved. Am I missing something here?:(

I've heard rumors about a possible upgrade - is anything on it's way that you know of?????

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
Nope. You haven't missed a thing. And I don't think you're the only one disappointed with the service. I shall not be renewing next year unless the service is dramatically improved.

arkitect

macrumors 604
Sep 5, 2005
Bath, United Kingdom
Am I missing something here?:(

I've heard rumors about a possible upgrade - is anything on it's way that you know of?????

You are not missing anything there.
Mobileme is a product that could be so much better.

As a subscriber since 2000, I think, I have lived with the promise of a better improved faster service for years… well… so far so disappointing.
Just one will do.
It doesn't make the question anymore urgent or desperate. ;)

9OOYO

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
You are not missing anything there.
Mobileme is a product that could be so much better.

As a subscriber since 2000, I think, I have lived with the promise of a better improved faster service for years… well… so far so disappointing.

Just one will do.
It doesn't make the question anymore urgent or desperate. ;)

Gotcha. Point noted and I agree. It's a bad habit I need to shed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.