Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

reebs

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2004
Wow those are really nice. I like the dark walnut. Wonder too if anyone has this?

scowl

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 20, 2010
I mean it seems like a great deal. A nice looking wooden case that also comes with a wooden stand (just like the Miniot) for ~40 less. I just wanna find out if they are trustworthy.

edit: Found them via Etsy. They also appear to have an eBay account and the reviews are nothing but good..

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=wulanpc&ftab=AllFeedback&myworld=true

Welp. No order from me.

"great product! very cool! just didnt fit the Verizon iphone, FULL REFUND thanks"

jasonmanning

macrumors member
Jan 29, 2011
Seriously, does anyone actually buy these pot ugly wooden cases? I have never ever seen one out in the streets and they are almost as hard to sell as rubber/silicon cases.

scowl

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 20, 2010
There are many who find the real wood cases attractive. I think the high end wooden cases fit great with the modern look of the iP4. There's always a market for something out there. Just like there are some out there who find the bedazzled nonsense you're selling in your store, attractive.

jasonmanning

macrumors member
Jan 29, 2011
There are many who find the real wood cases attractive. I think the high end wooden cases fit great with the modern look of the iP4. There's always a market for something out there. Just like there are some out there who find the bedazzled nonsense you're selling in your store, attractive.

LOL. Tell you what. I will get some wooden cases for the iPhone5 this september ....

iphoneRulez

macrumors newbie
Apr 1, 2011
Here's the one I'm looking at.

http://www.itimbercase.com/product-dark-walnut.php

It's cheaper than the Miniot case, and looks almost as good. I'm having trouble finding any sort of review about them, however. Has anyone dealt with them before? Are they reputable?

The quality is great. The case fits perfectly and the buttons are made of real wood. I prefer wood over plastic because I think plastic made my iphone feel cheap. The one I got was Dark Walnut and it's very well made.

Compare to Minot, itimbercase.com comes with a stand of matching color which is nice for the price. But I think they only have AT&T's version of iphone 4.

I read their review on ebay before getting it and they looked better than okay. It just doesn't have so many reviews like those power sellers. Since I always pay with Paypal and it is protected under Paypal so I wasn't worried when I ordered it. It shipped very fast when ordering in CA.

polzii

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2011
I had some issues with the volume buttons being super-stiff initially. I had to remove and re-install the case several times before I got them to kind of work.

The case is absolutely gorgeous but the ports are quite recessed. That and the problem with the volume buttons makes it a case i wont use for long.

mikystyke

macrumors newbie
May 10, 2011
i just emailed them to see about the verizon iphone. I looked at the photos on their ebay items and they show the case on a verizon iphone but the buttons are off. How does the case feel? Does it feel brittle? i just wonder how "safe" it really is. Dont get any water on either or it may warp or buckle :D

mc2thearson

macrumors member
May 19, 2011
Just got one in the mail today.

Love it.

Fits the phone really well. Lined with velvet or something of the like in the interior. The wood around the 30 pin (or however many there technically are on the iphone 4) connector port is re-enforced with stainless steel (I was originally a little worried about this area since the piece of wood that goes along beneath the "home button" is thin).

Also came with a screen protector and a wooden stand (which amplifies the speaker volume slightly).

The box is classy too. Emulates my iphone 4 box.

Really nice case for the money... in my own opinion.

Also... in response to Polzii above ^ "I had some issues with the volume buttons being super-stiff initially". I didn't have ANY problem with this at all. The buttons are really responsive and smooth.

Ps. I'm new to the forum, and since I haven't customized my profile yet....

I own a 32g iPhone 4, a 24" iMac, and an 80g iPod classic. Wish I could afford more, but man... I don't make THAT much cash!!

Last edited:

the.sheepdog

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2009
Central FL
I love the rosewood but don't think it would work as a phone cover really. too bulky!

As for the Australian brother and his store? I liked the croc skin covers a lot!

mc2thearson

macrumors member
May 19, 2011
I love the rosewood but don't think it would work as a phone cover really. too bulky!

As for the Australian brother and his store? I liked the croc skin covers a lot!

I really don't find mine to be bulky (I bought the dark walnut). Though it is slightly heavier than my last case (which was a Griffin carbon fiber design with a rubber "bumper" type trim).

the.sheepdog

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2009
Central FL
I really don't find mine to be bulky (I bought the dark walnut). Though it is slightly heavier than my last case (which was a Griffin carbon fiber design with a rubber "bumper" type trim).

thats a nice thing then. The pics make the phone look overly thick and bulky. maybe if they had photographed it next to something for comparison? anyway I love the wood look.

polzii

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2011
To be fair, now that i got the volume buttons to work, they work great.

But now i have a different wood case from Signicase that I like even better. The Signicase is lighter (albeit flimsier) than the iTimber. It also installed easier.

Im not a big fan of wood cases, I bought the cases and did the reviews because some of my blog readers emailed me with requests. But the Zebra wood design on the Signicase is really growing on me.

The iTimber does come with a nice stand (Signicase does not). I got the iTimber Rosewood case for about $60 shipped (US). The Signicase was a bit cheaper at $44 shipped. Apart from their official websites, both these cases are available on Amazon as well, and the iTimber case is on ebay as well.

mc2thearson

macrumors member
May 19, 2011
Customer service is terrible.

I posted a thread about this today.

Check it out.

2 weeks of waiting, simply to be told - we can't help you with suggestions as to how to fix the case yourself.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.