Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

melman101

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
Hey all, I see all these awesome cases online, the Octavo, the Portenzo, the ColcaSac.... Is there anywhere in NYC that I can go and see some of these cases in person? I'd hate to buy something only to have to resend it. I like the Portenzo a lot, but it seems like it might add a lot of weight to this svelte iPad 2. I already have a smart cover, and a Targus iPad sleeve, but I'd be more inclined to purchase something new if I could go to the store and actually see it.

Steviejobz

macrumors 68020
Jun 19, 2010
SoCal
Hey all, I see all these awesome cases online, the Octavo, the Portenzo, the ColcaSac.... Is there anywhere in NYC that I can go and see some of these cases in person? I'd hate to buy something only to have to resend it. I like the Portenzo a lot, but it seems like it might add a lot of weight to this svelte iPad 2. I already have a smart cover, and a Targus iPad sleeve, but I'd be more inclined to purchase something new if I could go to the store and actually see it.

Not that I know of. Pretty sure these are made to order for the most part and by small companies so not sure if there would be distribution like that.

But bulk is a consideration. It takes away from the thinness of a naked ipad so it just has to be your thing.

melman101

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
Not that I know of. Pretty sure these are made to order for the most part and by small companies so not sure if there would be distribution like that.

But bulk is a consideration. It takes away from the thinness of a naked ipad so it just has to be your thing.

What are you using?

Steviejobz

macrumors 68020
Jun 19, 2010
SoCal
What are you using?

I have an Octavo that was just shipped today. I've used prior P&Q cases and they are great. I ordered a Portenzo but cancelled due to the absurd wait time.

But have been using the Smart Cover with a Case Crown suede case for now to protect it.

I called Apple to return the Smart Cover and she told me to keep it and they would refund my card, lol. So at least it was free. The Case Crown was $12 on Amazon.

Pballer110

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2010
I would try going to tekserve last time I went there they had a bunch of different iPad cases including switcheasy branded ones.

Pballer110

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2010
No this was For the original iPad but tekserve is really good I'm sure they have a good selection of iPad 2 cases by now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.