PDA

View Full Version : Hopefully should have white ipad 2 tomorrow, so which smart cover please?

MrMister111
Mar 29, 2011, 05:16 PM
I should be picking up my White iPad 2 tomorrow, very excited, 1st iPad ever. I was going to get the black, but here in UK really difficult to get any, a White 32Gb WiFi came in stock online so I ordered, I have seen a white in the flesh for a few mins, and have to say I liked it.

So I haven't ordered a smart cover yet, all you people who have, and exchanged, on a whitey iPad, what colour is best please, and leather or poly best?

I will be putting a BSE skin on the back to protect the back, and smart cover on front, it will be 90% used in the house so this should be enough

cheers

kvizzel
Mar 29, 2011, 05:19 PM
red leather

blue poly

crazypdxmacfan
Mar 29, 2011, 05:19 PM
red leather or orange poly.

Mrrikki
Mar 29, 2011, 05:26 PM
Tan leather
Blue poly (this looks the best of them all IMO and what I have on my iPad 2).

MrMister111
Mar 29, 2011, 05:28 PM
red leather

blue poly
This what you actually have on yours?

red leather or orange poly.
This what you actually have on yours?

Tan leather
Blue poly (this looks the best of them all IMO and what I have on my iPad 2).
Blue Poly seems popular, I havent seen it in the flesh , but it looks like a "baby blue" colour to me is this correct? It just doesnt look like a nice blue? I may be wrong in flesh, thats why I asked you your professional opinion though ;)

I think the red leather would look great, trouble being its long lead time at moment, and I'm unsure how the leather will mix with a BSE skin on back, with regard to rubbing of colour off etc?

I really dont mind paying for the leather if it is much better though

Brien
Mar 29, 2011, 05:29 PM
I have black leather on mine. Looks awesome.

Halebopp
Mar 29, 2011, 05:34 PM
Personally I would skip the smart cover altogether, wish I'd never bought mine. In the market for a new 3rd party case

t0ddl3s
Mar 29, 2011, 06:01 PM
I chose the green poly smart cover for my white iPad, white and green is one of my favorite color combinatiosns :P Do note that the green isn't quite as vivid as it seems on Apple's site, it's quite pale, but still really nice. As for poly vs leather, well i've heard rumors that the leather one's bleed their colors quite easily, so I would personally avoid them, the poly one's still feel very nicely made, so don't think you are buying a cheap product just because they're not leather.

jedolley
Mar 29, 2011, 06:04 PM
Whichever color you want? I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything, but I always find it surprising when I see people ask "What color should I get?" questions on forums. It's one thing to ask which model, or storage capacity, but color is such a personal decision. I would think that someone could make a decision like that on their own or atleast with someone that is not a complete stranger.

gregruns
Mar 29, 2011, 06:09 PM
White iPad2 would look great with a red leather cover, IMHO. :)

Brien
Mar 29, 2011, 06:23 PM
White iPad2 would look great with a red leather cover, IMHO. :)

It does, there are pics on a MR thread somewhere.

MrMister111
Mar 30, 2011, 04:17 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Whichever color you want? I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything, but I always find it surprising when I see people ask "What color should I get?" questions on forums. It's one thing to ask which model, or storage capacity, but color is such a personal decision. I would think that someone could make a decision like that on their own or atleast with someone that is not a complete stranger.

Just asking people who have a White iPad what colour they have. Sure it's a perskn choice, but some colour clashes just won't go.

I haven't seen any in flesh so asking the people that have.

I think orange or blue but they seem a bit bright! Red leather sounds great but heard about marking/scuffing/scratching/bleeding issues

Fliesen
Mar 30, 2011, 04:41 AM
any(!) of the colored ones look great on white.
the blue one and the orange one look particularly nice

how about, you just get your favourite color? ... or the one that matches the rest of your interior most

Muscleflex
Mar 30, 2011, 05:22 AM
im returning my orange cover. it's kinda useless - gonna go for yoobao instead.
but orange would be my favorite color if i was sticking with it

Muscleflex
Mar 30, 2011, 05:23 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

I think orange or blue but they seem a bit bright! Red leather sounds great but heard about marking/scuffing/scratching/bleeding issues

the orange is not bright color. its more a matt color so you should be ok

reputationZed
Mar 30, 2011, 05:28 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

I went with the black leather. I like the contrast between it and the white iPad.

I have not had any problem with the leather bleeding that someone mentioned earlier as a reason to avoid the leather.

MrMister111
Mar 30, 2011, 06:27 AM
the orange is not bright color. its more a matt color so you should be ok
cheers for that
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

I went with the black leather. I like the contrast between it and the white iPad.

I have not had any problem with the leather bleeding that someone mentioned earlier as a reason to avoid the leather.
Have you got a skin on your? especially the back? just heard about it bleeding on iPad's with skins on?

Xultar
Mar 30, 2011, 06:53 AM

I'm starting to hate my smart cover. In the typing position it gets all flippy floppy.

Steviejobz
Mar 30, 2011, 07:00 AM
I'm starting to hate my smart cover. In the typing position it gets all flippy floppy.

I hate mine also (grey poly on black ipad). Cant wait for the book case cover. When I called Apple to return my cover, the lady said for me to keep it and that she would credit me. I guess it was cheaper than having to deal with the return, shipping etc.

reputationZed
Mar 30, 2011, 07:04 AM

I have a LuckyLabs brushed aluminium skin on the back, no bleeding.

Pballer110
Mar 30, 2011, 09:15 AM
cheers for that

Have you got a skin on your? especially the back? just heard about it bleeding on iPad's with skins on?

I've got a red leather smart cover with a wrapsol skin on the back and most of the time when I'm holding it the leather side is against the skin but I haven't had any bleed onto the skin. wrapsol is really really good plus it has a nice grip feel to it unlike the tacky rubber feels of alot of skins.

thibaulthalpern
Mar 30, 2011, 09:27 AM
I hate mine also (grey poly on black ipad). Cant wait for the book case cover. When I called Apple to return my cover, the lady said for me to keep it and that she would credit me. I guess it was cheaper than having to deal with the return, shipping etc.

Seriously? Wow!

MrMister111
Mar 30, 2011, 10:11 AM
Well picked up my whitey iPad 2, eventually got an iPad :D

They had orange, grey, navy, black, pink. the wife was with me, and said the bright colour ones were a bit garry. The grey (altho looks silvery to me) sort of was less brash, and fitted with the back of the iPad so went with this one.

I may if they are any good, get a red leather in future. I also want a sleve that can take the iPad 2 and a smart cover, any suggestions? the Belkin sleeve looked nice but was 25 in comet, think could get cheaper online?

cheers

Whozown
Apr 1, 2011, 03:26 PM
I like having my electronics in white, white iPhone 3GS, white Mac book, so the natural choice for my iPad 2 was white with the cream white smart cover. However after having it since launch day it's been a couple of weeks now and I regret getting the white smart cover, the color has already started to come off and it just looks dingy and dirty. Id stick with polyurethane or at least get the black cover, since it will not show if it's dirty or if it rubs off that much. As For prow ting the back I ordered the ZAGG invisible shield for the back and the solved that concern.

Whozown
Apr 1, 2011, 03:29 PM
I have black leather on mine. Looks awesome.

Has there been any wearing off of the color?does it looks dirty? I have the white and it looks horrible because it just looks dirty. Thinking of getting the black.

kimnicho
Apr 1, 2011, 03:50 PM

I am returning my blue poly..just stuck in the mail. BUT I made the mistake of doing it online so no freebies for me. In fact, it said I would be deducted 10% restock fee. I talked to "Thomas" on the phone on Wed who after putting me on hold for 20 mins to talk to a supervisor, "assured" me that they dont charge a restock fee. Personally, I dont think half of their reps know what they are talking about. I would make sure to follow-up on that promised credit.