Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Goldinboy17

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
San Francisco, Ca
I'm kinda stuck on deciding whether I should buy a case that has a built in Bluetooth keyboard or just buy the Otterbox Defender and Apple Bluetooth keyboard. I'd only use the actual keyboard if I were to have to take notes for classes I don't normally take my laptop to, so not very often. However, the Apple keyboard seems kind of large and inconvenient to carry around at school.

Would you choose this or the Otterbox along with the Apple keyboard. Thanks for any input.

TC25

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2011
Would you choose this or the Otterbox along with the Apple keyboard. Thanks for any input.

The keyboard in the Menotek is the rubbery kind without a right shift key. IMO, they're junk in terms of using it as well as feel. If a 'real' keyboard, only a little smaller, is important to you, get the Apple BT keyboard.

EDIT: I carry my iPad2 w/Smartcover and Apple BT keyboard in a Waterfield iPad Wallet.

Last edited:

gwen1o

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2011
I love my Apple BT keyboard! I also bought the Incase Travel Kit to carry everything in.:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.