Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

payup

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
Not sure if posting this type of "ads" is allowed here, but been reading forums for past couple weeks and noticed a lot of people are looking for refurb Airs in rare configurations that are now in stock at apple clearance store.

I just ordered one myself in 4GB configuration for $1189... Hopefully this helps someone who's looking :)

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/specialdeals/mac/macbook_air/

Last edited:

Scottsdale

Suspended
Sep 19, 2008
U.S.A.
Last week it was in the store for three days straight. It happens often... But it's not always there like the 2GB and ultimate models.

payup

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
Changed the title to avoid confusing people with false advertising...

I'm excited! This will be my 1st "real" Mac (vmware doesn't count :eek:) I'm a windows engineer by day so this will be quite a new experience...

imaginex20

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2009
so you must be the guy who snatched it up before me. I literally had it in my shopping cart, entered my credit card verification and clicked order. Then it said "There are no items in your cart".

WTF I have been trying to buy this for last few days now :(

Congrats on your purchase. ;)

payup

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
so you must be the guy who snatched it up before me. I literally had it in my shopping cart, entered my credit card verification and clicked order. Then it said "There are no items in your cart".

WTF I have been trying to buy this for last few days now :(

Congrats on your purchase. ;)

Nope, wasn't me. They had them listed for a while after I ordered one.

I saw same ones on Monday @ 1 am ET too, but while I was still deciding whether I want it, it was gone. I'm sure there'll be more to come.

imaginex20

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2009
It was listed but when you click on it would say it was Out of stock.

Oh well, next time :)

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
It was listed but when you click on it would say it was Out of stock.

Oh well, next time :)

Of course, for the same price you can get the Ultimate 11. That model is in stock more often. The main differences are the smaller screen, no SD slot, and slightly slower processor. But it's still 100% MacBook Air. :apple:

imaginex20

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2009
Of course, for the same price you can get the Ultimate 11. That model is in stock more often. The main differences are the smaller screen, no SD slot, and slightly slower processor. But it's still 100% MacBook Air. :apple:

Sorry but I fail to see your point. If I wanted the 11.6" I would get the 11.6". But that's not what I want. :rolleyes:

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
Sorry but I fail to see your point. If I wanted the 11.6" I would get the 11.6". But that's not what I want. :rolleyes:

My point was that if the 13" model didn't come back into stock, the 11" model offers similar functionality and is available more often, and at that same price. It's an option for some people.

They're in stock again

Also back in stock is the $929 4GB/64GB 11" model. That is also rare and a good choice for someone who wants to replace the SSD with the OWC model.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.