PDA

View Full Version : Smart Cover... over or under?

jcmeyer5
Mar 30, 2011, 08:42 AM
I was cleaning my smart cover today (black leather), and I noticed how much dust and small particles the microfiber side was picking up. This is largely because when it is in stand form, that side is out. I got to looking at it, and there is no reason that it cannot be the leather side out vs. the microfiber side. I do it the way I do it because that is how the cute blonde in the store was doing it. I am now doing leather side out to prevent getting crap on the microfiber.

How do you do yours? Over (finished side out), or Under (microfiber out)?

Pballer110
Mar 30, 2011, 08:56 AM
Although you can do it both ways I find it to be a much more fluid motion to have it with the microfiber side out.

miamialley
Mar 30, 2011, 08:58 AM
Although you can do it both ways I find it to be a much more fluid motion to have it with the microfiber side out.

I thinks it's easier that way, but I do it with the poly out so avoid picking up stuff.
*usually.

KittyKatta
Mar 30, 2011, 09:14 AM
I'm pretty sure Microfiber-Out is the RIGHT way to do it because if you do it vinyl/leather side out then it can't stand vertically since the weight just opens up the roll.

iggypod
Mar 30, 2011, 09:28 AM
I'm pretty sure Microfiber-Out is the RIGHT way to do it because if you do it vinyl/leather side out then it can't stand vertically since the weight just opens up the roll.

This.

jcmeyer5
Mar 30, 2011, 09:31 AM
Yeah, Kitty is right. It does not work if you try the "viewing" position. Fortunately I dont do much of that, so "over" works for me.

jcmeyer5
Mar 30, 2011, 10:20 AM
Yeah, Kitty is right. It does not work if you try the "viewing" position. Fortunately I dont do much of that, so "over" works for me.

Follow-up question... when you arent using the cover for a stand, and are just holding the the ipad... what do you do with your cover? I fold mine in half, leather side out, and let the magnets hold it together.

KittyKatta
Mar 30, 2011, 10:59 AM
Follow-up question... when you arent using the cover for a stand, and are just holding the the ipad... what do you do with your cover? I fold mine in half, leather side out, and let the magnets hold it together.
I like to roll it in triangle position and use it as a handle. But my hands arent that big and I've had the magnet disconnect on me. So now I do that but also fold it in half like you do.

xraytech
Mar 30, 2011, 01:30 PM
Over is better and safer.