Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 22, 2009
I'm looking for a clear TPU cover for the back of my iPad2 but that is compatible with the Apple SmartCover. Not interested in cutting or making my own. I was hoping the Belkin Clear Vue would be compatible but it doesn't look like it will be.
Is there any out there yet? :confused:
I did get the cheapy Handheld Items one to do for now though.

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009

Attachments

• P1010552.JPG
    P1010552.JPG
    189.5 KB · Views: 130
  • P1010553.JPG
    P1010553.JPG
    196.7 KB · Views: 122
  • P1010554.JPG
    P1010554.JPG
    192 KB · Views: 132
  • P1010556.JPG
    P1010556.JPG
    189.3 KB · Views: 125
  • P1010557.JPG
    P1010557.JPG
    234.2 KB · Views: 139

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
I have a Clear TPU Smart Cover compatible case, but from a different seller. It fits pretty good, about as good as the Targus TPU I previously had. There are a couple minor blemishes on mine and the seller is going to send me a replacement w/o me having to send the current one back.

How does it feel with the smart cover off? I usually like to take it off when I'm holding the iPad in portrait, and am wondering if the cutout for the smart cover would bother me if I hold the iPad by that edge.

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 22, 2009
I have a Clear TPU Smart Cover compatible case, but from a different seller. It fits pretty good, about as good as the Targus TPU I previously had. There are a couple minor blemishes on mine and the seller is going to send me a replacement w/o me having to send the current one back.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Clear-Smart-Cover-MATE-TPU-Case-Skin-iPad-2-2nd-Gen-/190522155716?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c5c0162c4#ht_2098wt_905

AWESOME!
Just ordered it!:)
THANKS FOR THE PICS!

C-Dub

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010

http://cgi.ebay.com/Clear-Smart-Cover-MATE-TPU-Case-Skin-iPad-2-2nd-Gen-/190522155716?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c5c0162c4#ht_2098wt_905

Thanks for the ebay link and the pictures! Was holding out for the smart cover compatible Incipio Feather (Frost Color) case. Can't beat the price for a matte clear tpu smart cover compatible case! I much prefer matte finish as it's not as slippery as shiney surfaces

For people looking for non-TPU version. They have a matte clear hard smart cover compatible case here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200598027496

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
Thanks for the ebay link and the pictures! Was holding out for the smart cover compatible Incipio Feather (Frost Color) case. Can't beat the price for a matte clear tpu smart cover compatible case! I much prefer matte finish as it's not as slippery as shiney surfaces

For people looking for non-TPU version. They have a matte clear hard smart cover compatible case here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200598027496

I don't think that's a matte hard case. It's called the cover MATE, meaning it compatible with the smart cover. If you are interested in this case, I would message the seller first.

C-Dub

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
I don't think that's a matte hard case. It's called the cover MATE, meaning it compatible with the smart cover. If you are interested in this case, I would message the seller first.

Thanks for the clarification. I got the TPU version. Can you confirm that the TPU version is matte finish? thank you

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
Wanting to chime in. It's starting to look like my ebay tpu case is starting to peel away the edge of my screen protector on the edge opposite of my smart cover.

I'm using a cheap myGear store screen protector and I have removed and re-applied the case twice and both times I did not have an issue with the screen protector peeling.

orlandocano

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2010

Hey jedolley.. do you have a screen protector on there? I have the incipio feather and it barely wraps over the screen.. actually, it doesnt touch the screen or bezel portion at all.. so all screen covers work great with no bubbling up... This tpu case seems to wrap over the bezel a little, correct? does it bubble up your screen protector if you have one on there??

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009

Hey jedolley.. do you have a screen protector on there? I have the incipio feather and it barely wraps over the screen.. actually, it doesnt touch the screen or bezel portion at all.. so all screen covers work great with no bubbling up... This tpu case seems to wrap over the bezel a little, correct? does it bubble up your screen protector if you have one on there??

It does come up over the bezel a little bit, but has not affected my screen protector. I can't say all screen protectors won't have a bubbling issue, but can confirm the one I am using does not (link below).

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004Q79G2G

ladysman

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2008
I got my TPU case. Only complaint is on the dock connector end, it's weak and the ipad falls out of the case. Anyone else experience this? if not, i'll see if they send me another one. I don't know how else to explain it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.