PDA

View Full Version : Power Support USA preorders up

stealthmode29
Mar 30, 2011, 03:32 PM
Hi everyone, just a heads up, preorders are up for the BEST screen protector for your IPAD2. Just ordered my Crystal Clear- est shipping is 4/7. Finally geez!

NewYorkRanger
Mar 30, 2011, 04:11 PM
$20 shipping to Canada, $68 for express, that is a joke.

Dear Power Support, please enter the 21st century and charge reasonable shipping rates.

DTF
Mar 30, 2011, 04:43 PM
Yes! HD Anti-Glare pre-ordered. These really are the best out there.

TwinCitiesJHawk
Mar 30, 2011, 05:27 PM
Any ideas of the apple stores will carry these when they come out?

stealthmode29
Mar 30, 2011, 05:58 PM
Apple stores used to carry the Ipad 1 Screen protectors and then later on phased them out. I still do see PS for iphones but never again did I see the Ipad ones. I had to pay the rape shipping last year too. Unfortunately the product is that good. BTW I'm referring to Apple Fifth Ave in NYC.

bluebermuda
Mar 30, 2011, 06:29 PM
Order from Jr.com (http://jr.com) and receive free shipping.

freak99
Mar 30, 2011, 06:45 PM
Link?

freak99
Mar 30, 2011, 06:47 PM
Link?

I didn't see it on the Power Support home page but managed to find it after a bit of digging.

http://www.powersupportusa.com/accessories/ipad-2.html

Steel28
Mar 30, 2011, 06:59 PM
Yes! HD Anti-Glare pre-ordered. These really are the best out there.

Order placed for HD anti-glare, I'm in Canada and agree with crazy shipping fees :D

vito
Mar 30, 2011, 07:02 PM
ouch! $30 for shipping to the UK!

bluebermuda
Mar 30, 2011, 07:02 PM
Link?

Powersupport Crystal iPad 2 $29.95 free shipping from jr.com (http://www.jr.com/powersupport/pe/PSU_60152100101/)

TwinCitiesJHawk
Mar 30, 2011, 07:30 PM
JR has the anti glare for $5 more than powersupportusa.com but with free shipping you still save about a buck.

http://www.jr.com/powersupport/pe/PSU_60152120101/

midorigal
Mar 30, 2011, 07:38 PM
Yay! I wonder when they will have it in their retail store? For those of you in the So. Cal. area, they have a store in Burbank and will install it for you. For a klutz like me, so worth it! Last time I did my iphone 4 front back and iPad, guess I gotta drive there again for the iPad 2!

TOYSTRY
Mar 30, 2011, 07:39 PM
Anyone have pics of one of these installed on an iPad 1 since they are not available yet for an iPad 2.

Trying to see what all the hype is on the PS screen protectors.

Blorzoga
Mar 30, 2011, 07:40 PM

Yeah, great. They charge more but give free shipping. I'll stick with the manufacturer.

Blorzoga
Mar 30, 2011, 07:44 PM
Anyone have pics of one of these installed on an iPad 1 since they are not available yet for an iPad 2.

Trying to see what all the hype is on the PS screen protectors.

It's not hype, they are the best, period.

TOYSTRY
Mar 30, 2011, 07:52 PM
It's not hype, they are the best, period.

Says who, you? Are you basing this off of facts or your opinion? Not looking to start a flame war but your statement above is no different then me saying a PB&J is better than Filet Mignon.

Until today, I've never heard of PS protectors but I'm open to testing one out to decide if "in my opinion" they are better than what I currently have. Based on a previous conversation I had in another thread, I think I may agree that PS is better than what I have "Zagg" but I can't state factually that it's the BEST.

Have a good one.

bluebermuda
Mar 30, 2011, 07:55 PM
Yeah, great. They charge more but give free shipping. I'll stick with the manufacturer.

What is wrong with you? J&R charges exactly the same price as powersupport for the powersupport crystal plus they offer free shipping. With respect to the powersupport HD Anti-Glare Film, powersupport has had this listed for weeks @ $34.95 as a "coming soon product". Obviously, now that it has been released for pre-order they changed their minds and decide to price the HD Anti-Glare Film @ $29.95. J&R has simply not updated the pricing for the HD Anti-Glare Film. Call them and they will adjust the price.

Or better yet, please order direct from the manufacturer, overpay and be a patsy. You will make my day.

bluebermuda
Mar 30, 2011, 07:59 PM
Says who, you? Are you basing this off of facts or your opinion? Not looking to start a flame war but your statement above is no different then me saying a PB&J is better than Filet Mignon.

Until today, I've never heard of PS protectors but I'm open to testing one out to decide if "in my opinion" they are better than what I currently have. Based on a previous conversation I had in another thread, I think I may agree that PS is better than what I have "Zagg" but I can't state factually that it's the BEST.

Have a good one.

You obviously are not a connoisseur of screen protectors, especially if you own a third rate product such as Zagg. It is well established among knowledgeable and informed individuals that powersupport is by far the best screen protector money can buy.

TOYSTRY
Mar 30, 2011, 08:02 PM
You obviously are not a connoisseur of screen protectors. It is well established among knowledgeable and informed individuals that powersupport is by far the best screen protector money can buy.

Obviously.........:rolleyes:

outlawarth
Mar 30, 2011, 08:04 PM

And shipping to Canada from the aforementioned JR.com is $42

A joke indeed.

http://www.jr.com/powersupport/pe/PSU_60152100101/

gigaguy
Mar 30, 2011, 08:08 PM
I had PS antiglare on my iPhones and my iPad1. they are good, but this year I balk at their prices. To me, not worth it. I guess I'd rather pour cash into good cases and the iPad itself. I see they dropped their price back to last year's price $30, they had $35 on there til now.
At least they are not Zaggs, those sticky tacky things sold tons thru their Best Buy exposure. I'd rather have a scratched screen than have a Zagg near my iPad.
As far as hype, I heard a lot of that about Zagg too in the past. PS is definitely much better. I'm just saying I think there are other reasonably priced good alternatives, for me, anyway. Just takes some work to find. Zagg had popularity and now PS is riding the wave.
Enjoy it if you get one. I'm starting to really love the iPad screen's smooth as glass feel, but it's more limited outside here in TX with no anti-glare on. hmm.

draz
Mar 30, 2011, 08:28 PM

A joke indeed.

They only do UPS... They use to do regular USPS mail for really cheap. Sad to see that they dropped the cheaper options

josun
Mar 30, 2011, 08:30 PM
You obviously are not a connoisseur of screen protectors, especially if you own a third rate product such as Zagg. It is well established among knowledgeable and informed individuals that powersupport is by far the best screen protector money can buy.

So I take it that you have tried all the screen protectors out there to have come to the conclusion?

Tategjs
Mar 30, 2011, 08:45 PM
I have heard great things about power support... I'm don't know what to choose the AG or the clear...does the AG really cut down on the finger prints compared to the clear.. Can you still wipe it with a lens cloth to get out the fingerprints that do show?

One last question.. I've also heard good things about the moshi screen protectors.. How do these compare? I'm not looking to start a war between the two brands, just curious ... I have not seen the moshi mentioned much in this forum..

Thanks in advance for all of your help and opinions..

This is my first apple device and I'm loving it.. iPad 2 32gb black..

On a side note .. I went out today and bought an iPad 1 for my 5 year old daughter.. Before you all think I've lost it ... She has autism and there are some awesome apps that that can actually turn the device into a speech communication tool.. Hopefully this helps her to communicate..

draz
Mar 30, 2011, 08:53 PM
I have heard great things about power support... I'm don't know what to choose the AG or the clear...does the AG really cut down on the finger prints compared to the clear.. Can you still wipe it with a lens cloth to get out the fingerprints that do show?

One last question.. I've also heard good things about the moshi screen protectors.. How do these compare? I'm not looking to start a war between the two brands, just curious ... I have not seen the moshi mentioned much in this forum..

Thanks in advance for all of your help and opinions..

This is my first apple device and I'm loving it.. iPad 2 32gb black..

On a side note .. I went out today and bought an iPad 1 for my 5 year old daughter.. Before you all think I've lost it ... She has autism and there are some awesome apps that that can actually turn the device into a speech communication tool.. Hopefully this helps her to communicate..

Finger prints on the Crystal vs AG is noticeable.
On the Crystal you can see everything, you press your finger on the screen it will leave a nice clear finger print everytime. Do that with an AG and you won't see it.

But the beauty of the screen suffers with the AG. So I personally prefer the Crystal and just wipe the screen regularly with my t-shirt, tissue, or whatever cloth material I can find.

But I don't have my iPad 2 screen yet, just going off personal preference from having wasted money on the AG for my iPhone 4 when I should of stuck with the Crystal in the first place since I had it on my iPhone 3G. I will be going Crystal for my iPad 2

bluebermuda
Mar 30, 2011, 09:06 PM
Finger prints on the Crystal vs AG is noticeable.
On the Crystal you can see everything, you press your finger on the screen it will leave a nice clear finger print everytime. Do that with an AG and you won't see it.

But the beauty of the screen suffers with the AG. So I personally prefer the Crystal and just wipe the screen regularly with my t-shirt, tissue, or whatever cloth material I can find.

But I don't have my iPad 2 screen yet, just going off personal preference from having wasted money on the AG for my iPhone 4 when I should of stuck with the Crystal in the first place since I had it on my iPhone 3G. I will be going Crystal for my iPad 2

You are correct, the Crystal is the best choice.

bluebermuda
Mar 30, 2011, 09:15 PM

A joke indeed.

Many United States businesses do not wish to do business with Canadians via the postal service due to lack of tracking and delivery confirmation.

There are a lot of Canadians that are prone to commit fraud.

TOYSTRY
Mar 30, 2011, 09:26 PM

I find it amusing that you edited your original post to sound even more arrogant and rude then you did in your original post to me. Its amazing how many people on the internet talk a different talk than they would dare in person face-to-face.

Seeing how you are so much more knowledgeable and informed than all of us, please share your wisdom as to which finger on my hand is upright right now? Get over yourself already and move along to someone else who will entertain your arrogance. :rolleyes:

EzeE1o
Mar 30, 2011, 09:36 PM
i ordered the crystal film for the ipad1 for my ipad2, save $5 i guess. and it comes shipped in a box, not an envelope

bluebermuda
Mar 30, 2011, 09:48 PM
i ordered the crystal film for the ipad1 for my ipad2, save $5 i guess. and it comes shipped in a box, not an envelope

Cancel your order at once. The screen on the iPad 2 is a different size than the iPad 1. The powersupport Crystal film must be installed precisely or you will have a serious problem. In addition, powersupport will not replace your film if you make a mistake during installation.

bluebermuda
Mar 30, 2011, 09:55 PM
I find it amusing that you edited your original post to sound even more arrogant and rude then you did in your original post to me. Its amazing how many people on the internet talk a different talk than they would dare in person face-to-face.

Seeing how you are so much more knowledgeable and informed than all of us, please share your wisdom as to which finger on my hand is upright right now? Get over yourself already and move along to someone else who will entertain your arrogance. :rolleyes:

Everyone knows that the Zagg invisibleshields have a horrible orange peel effect as well as having a reflective quality similar to a new/cheap paint job on a car. Of course if you accept mediocrity in your life then I suppose you would be happy with a Zagg product. I, on the other hand, prefer the finer things in life such as the powersupport crystal.

http://www.ronjoseph.com/expert_witness/images/auto_paint_orange_peel_lg.jpg

stealthmode29
Mar 30, 2011, 10:00 PM

I lol'd. Gotta love the banter. Anyways, TOYSTRY, I personally have tried all of them. What it boils down to is you WILL have a perfect result because PS screen protectors utilize a sort of static cling as opposed to adhesive. If you mess up, simply lift it off and start over. Got a speck of dust caught under? Lift it up and start over. You get the picture. All these other wet apply protectors like zagg, bse ghost armor are good for protecting the back...but not for the front. Zagg and BSE will both give you the orange peel effect- not cool to look at on your screen. They're also not "swipe" friendly. Hope this helps.

TOYSTRY
Mar 30, 2011, 10:00 PM
Everyone knows that the Zagg invisibleshields have a horrible orange peel effect as well as having a reflective quality similar to a new/cheap paint job on a car. Of course if you accept mediocrity in your life then I suppose you would be happy with a Zagg product. I, on the other hand, prefer the finer things in life such as the powersupport crystal.

http://www.ronjoseph.com/expert_witness/images/auto_paint_orange_peel_lg.jpg

Let me repost a previous quote from you:

I have personally never experienced a problem with my Zagg shields. All of my electronic possessions are protected by Zagg. I love Zagg, it is the best, by far. :rolleyes:

So who accepts mediocrity again......? Oh that's right, you do on all of the electronics you have ever owned.

TOYSTRY
Mar 30, 2011, 10:06 PM
I lol'd. Gotta love the banter. Anyways, TOYSTRY, I personally have tried all of them. What it boils down to is you WILL have a perfect result because PS screen protectors utilize a sort of static cling as opposed to adhesive. If you mess up, simply lift it off and start over. Got a speck of dust caught under? Lift it up and start over. You get the picture. All these other wet apply protectors like zagg, bse ghost armor are good for protecting the back...but not for the front. Zagg and BSE will both give you the orange peel effect- not cool to look at on your screen. They're also not "swipe" friendly. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info. Based on some positive feedback from you and others I'm gonna order a PS to try out. Regarding the banter, I just enjoy messing with ignorant people. As Bill Engvall has said many times "You can't fix stupid"....

sotie
Mar 30, 2011, 10:09 PM
Placed my order yesterday. I'm reading people questioning that Power Support is the superior film but I don't see anyone that is questioning it say that they've tried it yet. I've came across many films over the years with friend's iphones and ipads and in my opinion Power Support beats everything I've seen.

EzeE1o
Mar 30, 2011, 10:10 PM
Cancel your order at once. The screen on the iPad 2 is a different size than the iPad 1. The powersupport Crystal film must be installed precisely or you will have a serious problem. In addition, powersupport will not replace your film if you make a mistake during installation.

really? ive read other people who have installed the PS ipad1 screen protector on their 2 and while its not a perfect fit, its close enough. even without a camera cutout it worked fine for them

also, my PS film came in yesterday already, but my ipad2 is shipping later from apple, so i have no clue myself on the fitment

qpid360
Mar 30, 2011, 10:12 PM
I have used PS screen protectors, both crystal and AG, on all my Apple products. I also tried Zagg on my first iPad before the PS products were released. Bottom line, Zagg = crap. Especially compared to PS. I'm pretty sure most people would agree to this. It's not even worth arguing over.

Q Bert
Mar 30, 2011, 10:15 PM

So who accepts mediocrity again......? Oh that's right, you do on all of the electronics you have ever owned.

I LOL'd. Bwahahahahahaha. Bluebermuda got owned :D

bluebermuda
Mar 30, 2011, 10:19 PM
I have used PS screen protectors, both crystal and AG, on all my Apple products. I also tried Zagg on my first iPad before the PS products were released. Bottom line, Zagg = crap. Especially compared to PS. I'm pretty sure most people would agree to this. It's not even worth arguing over.

The one caveat to keep in mind is that powersupport uses static cling to adhere the shield to your iPad. You must be sure that you are in a clean lint free environment during the install and whatever you do if you see a little spec of dust on the back of the shield do not use a cloth to remove the spec or you will distribute lint over the back of the shield and it will be ruined.

sotie
Mar 30, 2011, 10:20 PM
really? ive read other people who have installed the PS ipad1 screen protector on their 2 and while its not a perfect fit, its close enough. even without a camera cutout it worked fine for them

also, my PS film came in yesterday already, but my ipad2 is shipping later from apple, so i have no clue myself on the fitment

Yes, I am one of them. I installed the iPad 1 crystal film on my iPad 2 and the fit isn't that bad at all. I was going to cut a hole for the camera but then realized that the film is so clear that it probably wouldn't make a difference. Here's a picture of one corner to demonstrate what the fit looks like...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v653/sotie/IMG_3943.jpg

TOYSTRY
Mar 30, 2011, 10:22 PM
I LOL'd. Bwahahahahahaha. Bluebermuda got owned :D

I thought someone would get a chuckle from that :D

bluebermuda
Mar 30, 2011, 10:23 PM

That is merely an example of the indiscretion of youth.

TOYSTRY
Mar 30, 2011, 10:26 PM
That is merely an example of the indiscretion of youth.

Whatever you need to tell yourself to sleep at night :p

CaleM3
Mar 30, 2011, 10:44 PM
Just pre-ordered the Power Support Crystal protector for my iPad 2 from J&R. I have the full body zagg on my iPhone 4 and its coming undone at the edges with the bumper on, plus the orange peel puts me off a bit.

Apple Expert
Mar 31, 2011, 12:12 AM
Ordered mine from jr.com. However I just ordered the sgp one this morning. Which one to keep? :rolleyes:

Built
Mar 31, 2011, 02:27 AM
Just ordered my PS Crystal Film from www.powersupportusa.com even though I won't be getting the iPad 2 until at least May, or whenever they correct some of the reported quality control issues. I wanted to make sure I had it ready to go when I receive my iPad.

I have had PS Crystal on each of my 3 iPhones...dating back to 2007...and my iPad 1. I would never let them go naked without PS.

Muscleflex
Mar 31, 2011, 02:43 AM
no point!

so anyone got their power support yet? :D

Natesac
Mar 31, 2011, 03:34 AM
Has anyone used both PS and ghost armor?

I had ghost armor installed literally out of the box. Like pulled the plastic off and handed it to the ghost armor guy, didn't even turn it on.

I love the feel of the Ghost armor, has a very consistent feel no matter the amount of oil on my hands or state of the screen. Very slight orange peel effect under certain lighting but not at all unattractive.

Just wondering if switching to Power support would be worth the cost or would I have a similar experience to what I am getting with ghost armor.

OverSpun
Mar 31, 2011, 04:34 AM

Dear Power Support, please enter the 21st century and charge reasonable shipping rates.

Yea... thats pathetic for shipping for something that weighs less than a standard over-packed envelope.. geez power support.

I've had their products on my iphones and my ipad 1 too, but...

Last year for my iphone 4 films, it took maybe.. nearly 2 months hitting their "1 month" ETA.

robertk328
Mar 31, 2011, 05:11 AM
glad I signed up to get the emails that these were out :rolleyes: thanks to the OP I was able to get my order in.

sotie
Mar 31, 2011, 08:28 AM
no point!

so anyone got their power support yet? :D

When I placed my order 2 days ago the website said pre-orders will ship on April 7.

rp2955
Mar 31, 2011, 09:33 AM
I just put a BSE on a few days ago and didn't notice the orange peel effect mentioned previously. Looking in bright light I didn't see it but maybe I should look again. Is PS that much better than BSE?

SoybeanStasher
Mar 31, 2011, 09:36 AM
They're night and day IMO. The Power Support film is harder and smoother, making it much easier to slide your finger across. Now do understand that nothing will be as smooth as the iPad's glass + oleophobic coating, but the PS is pretty close.

DTF
Mar 31, 2011, 09:44 AM
They're night and day IMO. The Power Support film is harder and smoother, making it much easier to slide your finger across. Now do understand that nothing will be as smooth as the iPad's glass + oleophobic coating, but the PS is pretty close.

I actually prefer the feel of the Power Support AG film over the bare screen itself. It seems to glide better. I've used the AG film on my iPhone for the last year and it's still going strong.

I don't think there is much loss in clarity with the AG. It's slightly different but I like the look, but I mostly like removing the glare on the screen itself, that drives me crazy in certain situations.

rp2955
Mar 31, 2011, 09:53 AM

Wow, that's a pretty strong opinion. I might have to order one although I hate to think about taking the BSE off after two attempts to get it right. Glide feels ok to me but I am new to all of this.

What has the installation experience been like with PS given the static? With the BSE, I was able to turn on a vaporizer in a small room and literally no dust on the install. I assume with PS the dust is even more of an issue and should use the same technique?

BlondeLocks
Mar 31, 2011, 10:00 AM
Crystal or AG? I've never had either. Thank you.

Built
Mar 31, 2011, 10:04 AM
Wow, that's a pretty strong opinion. I might have to order one although I hate to think about taking the BSE off after two attempts to get it right. Glide feels ok to me but I am new to all of this.

What has the installation experience been like with PS given the static? With the BSE, I was able to turn on a vaporizer in a small room and literally no dust on the install. I assume with PS the dust is even more of an issue and should use the same technique?

There was at least one great video by a PS user on Youtube shortly after the iPad 1 rolled out showing how he flawlessly applied the PS Crystal Film.

As for me, I will just stop in at their store in Burbank and have them apply it themselves. They do an awesome job and only charge a few bucks for installation.

fifi77
Mar 31, 2011, 10:10 AM
I hate seeing my face staring back at me, so I'm a really big fan of the PS anti-glare screen protectors and am finding it really hard to live without one on my iPad 2 right now.

Hopefully it won't be too long before somewhere in the UK starts to sell them because there's no way on earth I'd be paying those, quite frankly, ridiculous international shipping charges.

If any UK people notice them anywhere soon, or any pre-orders, I'd really appreciate a heads up in this thread or wherever.

EzeE1o
Mar 31, 2011, 10:27 AM
I just put a BSE on a few days ago and didn't notice the orange peel effect mentioned previously. Looking in bright light I didn't see it but maybe I should look again. Is PS that much better than BSE?

i have a BSE on my iphone 3g and it orange peeled

holyindian
Mar 31, 2011, 10:27 AM

They seem to be charging more than what Powersupport is offering for.

ScubaCinci
Mar 31, 2011, 10:29 AM
Powersupport's site seems to be down?

TwinCitiesJHawk
Mar 31, 2011, 11:38 AM
Powersupport's site seems to be down?

http://www.powersupportusa.com/accessories/ipad-2.html

working fine for me. Just Ordered HD Anti-Glare $36 shipped. $1 more than JR but hopefully they ship faster!

stealthmode29
Mar 31, 2011, 12:11 PM
I signed up for the e-mail as well:rolleyes: Anyways, for people that haven't done an install, go into your bathroom and turn the shower on with hot water. The steam in the air will weigh down any floating particles in the air. I do this for all my installs. For Power Support applications, the key thing here is tape. Have a piece that you use to lift up any end that you want to remove a dust particle from. Have another piece of tape to remove said particle whether it's on the ipad screen or the PS film. You WILL get a perfect result.

rp2955
Mar 31, 2011, 12:12 PM
I previously had an SGP ultra fine on mine but found that it definitely made the screen a bit "fuzzier" so I took it off. I see that PS has "hd" attached to their anti-glare product. Does the PS anti-glare have better screen clarity than the SGP in anyone's experience? Did anybody have the "hd" screen for the original iPad that could comment?

Not sure I want to fuzzy up the screen just to save on glare/fingerprints.

josun
Mar 31, 2011, 02:02 PM
I signed up for the e-mail as well:rolleyes: Anyways, for people that haven't done an install, go into your bathroom and turn the shower on with hot water. The steam in the air will weigh down any floating particles in the air. I do this for all my installs. For Power Support applications, the key thing here is tape. Have a piece that you use to lift up any end that you want to remove a dust particle from. Have another piece of tape to remove said particle whether it's on the ipad screen or the PS film. You WILL get a perfect result.

I do this for wet application skins but I found it unnecessary for static-cling films. As long as you wipe off your screen nice and clean before applying the film you should end up with very minimum specs under the film. A few tape methods are all you need for a flawless application. Just my 2 cents.

josun
Mar 31, 2011, 02:05 PM
I previously had an SGP ultra fine on mine but found that it definitely made the screen a bit "fuzzier" so I took it off. I see that PS has "hd" attached to their anti-glare product. Does the PS anti-glare have better screen clarity than the SGP in anyone's experience? Did anybody have the "hd" screen for the original iPad that could comment?

Not sure I want to fuzzy up the screen just to save on glare/fingerprints.

http://tinyurl.com/6yuw74c

sotie
Mar 31, 2011, 04:39 PM
I do this for wet application skins but I found it unnecessary for static-cling films. As long as you wipe off your screen nice and clean before applying the film you should end up with very minimum specs under the film. A few tape methods are all you need for a flawless application. Just my 2 cents.

Yeah, but you said "very minimum specs under the film". If you are OCD about it (like me) then you want absolutely no dust particles under the film and to achieve this you have to be willing to pull it back up with tape and remove with another piece of tape. Unless you happen to have access to a vacuum environment! I also do my installs in the bathroom with hot water running for a few minutes first.

class77
Mar 31, 2011, 04:57 PM
Arrggghhh...What's the use of signing up for an e-mail notification if you have to read it on MacRumors and they still haven't sent the e-mail. Oh well, I've got 2 coming and I don't even have an iPad2 yet!

sotie
Mar 31, 2011, 06:18 PM
Arrggghhh...What's the use of signing up for an e-mail notification if you have to read it on MacRumors and they still haven't sent the e-mail. Oh well, I've got 2 coming and I don't even have an iPad2 yet!

Yeah, I signed up for their notification and didn't receive an email either!

Xultar
Mar 31, 2011, 07:31 PM
OK if you place a preorder ...and make a mistake :eek:and want to change crystal to antiglare, do you retain your place in the queue?

I ordered from J&R when someone so graciously posted their freee shipppppinnnggggg. And I got so excited I accidentally ordered the crystal. I called the customer service line and changed it but I wanna know if I will retain my place in line.

I cannot drink, knit and watch my knitting videos while there is a GLARE on the screen.

Halle-LOO

draz
Mar 31, 2011, 07:41 PM

A joke indeed.

Might have to just send it to the UPS Store in Lewiston, NY and spend the $10 in gas to go get it
http://www.theupsstorelocal.com/6143/

rmastbro
Mar 31, 2011, 08:47 PM
Yeah, but you said "very minimum specs under the film". If you are OCD about it (like me) then you want absolutely no dust particles under the film and to achieve this you have to be willing to pull it back up with tape and remove with another piece of tape. Unless you happen to have access to a vacuum environment! I also do my installs in the bathroom with hot water running for a few minutes first.

It is funny that you mentioned this ... Today, I installed the PS screen protector (iPad1 version) on my iPad2 in my companies class 10 clean room. (Got impatient and didn't feel like waiting for the new version).

0 dust specs :D

And that's even after lifting up the protector several times to get the it realigned properly.

Installing in the bathroom is a brilliant idea. I actually installed a protector on my last iPad doing this last year. I cranked up hot water in the shower for a few minutes and had an air purifier on high.

This also works well when you don't have access to a clean room !

Blorzoga
Mar 31, 2011, 09:41 PM

Bluebermuda is right. I took myipad1 screen and tried to puton ipad2 and it does not fit properly, not to mention there's no hole for the camera.

optimusp517
Mar 31, 2011, 09:50 PM
Are there any discount codes available right now?

josun
Mar 31, 2011, 10:09 PM

Trust me. My screen and body films always end up flawlessly. All it takes is a few pieces of tape and 5 minutes. Much better than gallons and gallons of water down the drain I think.

EzeE1o
Apr 1, 2011, 12:17 AM
Bluebermuda is right. I took myipad1 screen and tried to puton ipad2 and it does not fit properly, not to mention there's no hole for the camera.

o well, as long as the screen area is protected, thats all i care about. not really concerned with the surrounding bezel

rp2955
Apr 4, 2011, 08:47 AM
Not sure what to do about my situation. I currently have a BSE on the front of mine and for the most part it looks real good. No dirt specks at all and just a few very small spots where I still see a few microbubbles (installed a week ago and surprised they are still there).

SGP sent me a replacement crystal screen as a replacement for one they sent me previously that was defective. I also went ahead and ordered a PS HD anti glare as I heard such great things about them.

So now I will have two backups...the SGP crystal and the PS anti-glare. Probably will get rid of one of them (eBay) and keep the other. Waiting to see what everyone posts about their install and clarity on the HD anti-glare before I go that route...still not sure I want to sacrice the great screen clarity.

rp2955
Apr 4, 2011, 03:57 PM
I ordered my PS anti glare from jr.com for the $34.95 with free shipping and have been assuming they would be updating site with the price on the PS website of $29.95. I see today they haven't updated the site yet. Anyone called and got a match?

explicit130
Apr 5, 2011, 08:56 PM
I ordered my PS anti glare from jr.com for the $34.95 with free shipping and have been assuming they would be updating site with the price on the PS website of $29.95. I see today they haven't updated the site yet. Anyone called and got a match?

Just ordered today over the phone after they price matched.

draz
Apr 6, 2011, 08:16 PM
Anyone find a site with decent shipping (less than $20) up north to Canada?
JR use to ship via USPS for like $10 but stopped a few months ago.

Might just have to hit up eBay...

TwinCitiesJHawk
Apr 7, 2011, 08:05 AM
So their facebook page says pre-orders ship today! Can't wait to see for myself what all the hype is about on these anti-glare ones.

thomahawk0
Apr 7, 2011, 10:50 AM
I just received my shipping notification for the Crystal ordered 3/31

itcrashed
Apr 7, 2011, 12:07 PM
I just received my shipping notification for the Crystal ordered 3/31

Just got my shipping confirmation for my 4/5 preorder!

yaoooo
Apr 7, 2011, 12:09 PM
anyone received shipping note from J&R?

Apple Expert
Apr 7, 2011, 02:37 PM
anyone received shipping note from J&R?

Cancelled my jr order and ordered from PowerSupport. Ordered yesterday and shipped today. Should arrived tomorrow. JR is slow. Look at all the people still waiting for their iPad 2 to ship.

yaoooo
Apr 7, 2011, 04:15 PM
Cancelled my jr order and ordered from PowerSupport. Ordered yesterday and shipped today. Should arrived tomorrow. JR is slow. Look at all the people still waiting for their iPad 2 to ship.

Just did that and hopefully it will come soon... being unprotected is the reason I haven't brought my ipad outside since first day it came :o

Apple Expert
Apr 7, 2011, 05:00 PM
Just did that and hopefully it will come soon... being unprotected is the reason I haven't brought my ipad outside since first day it came :o

You should have it soon. Their customer service is 100x better than SGP!

protox
Apr 7, 2011, 05:35 PM
Any free shipping codes?

EzeE1o
Apr 7, 2011, 11:52 PM
so my white ipad2 came in today and i put on the PS crystal film (for ipad1). was very easy to get the bubbles out, and since i put on the screen right on a fresh ipad, no dust at all. i also have a tpu case, so any fitment differences on having the ipad1 film on an ipad2 is negligable since the tpu case overlaps the bezel

sirgo
Apr 8, 2011, 04:45 AM
Any free shipping codes?

I'm in Spain and I want to buy power support film but... $30 film + $30 shipping? so expensive... I don't know the reason. Yes, they're the best but shipping costs are a joke!!

robertk328
Apr 9, 2011, 03:07 PM
Mine arrived today but my BSE looks really good so may hold off on installing it for a bit.