PDA

View Full Version : The trouble with my iPad2...?

ravenas
Mar 31, 2011, 04:31 AM
I haven't a clue what to put on it to protect the darn thing.

Unboxed it on Tuesday, synced it to my computer, loaded all my apps and video and now I don't know what to do with the thing. So far it's just lived comfortably on my cushiony bed as a night time reader, video/music player but it remains inside its cellophane packaging.

I can't see the cost of the smart cover because it doesn't stay on and won't protect the back. All the other cases seem so big and bulky and not conducive for being used at the bedside. The TARGUS rotating case is meant for tabletop use.

So my lovely new toy has been grounded to her room until I find her some decent, protective clothes to wear.

it was so much easier with her older brother. I just slipped him into an Apple case in the store and he was ready to go. But his little sister seems far better off naked and fancy free.

My fault. I had to give her a feminine personality. Everyone knows we females take forever to decide on our wardrobe and accessories. ;)

eagleworks
Mar 31, 2011, 04:33 AM
Gaffa tape on the back, screen protector on the front. Sorted.

wackymacky
Mar 31, 2011, 04:38 AM
Don't be so precious! Just get any old case for when you're out and about and be nude at home.

In a few months time when the iPad 3 is out your iPad 2 will have lost it's aura anyhow. Just enjoy it now and don't worry about little scratches etc.

TomRaz
Mar 31, 2011, 04:43 AM
I have the Targus 360 case that is designed for the Ipad 2. I protects the back of the Ipad 2 by having it rest in a hard plastic shell and allows you to rotate the Ipad 2 to either portrait or landscape while in the case.

It is great looking and does not add much weight or thickness to the Ipad 2 and it also functions as a stand

testcard
Mar 31, 2011, 04:47 AM
Incipio Feather for the back - lightweight and you hardly notice it. Nothing on the front, as nature intended. And a lightweight stand like the Belkin FlipBlade.

lionqueen
Mar 31, 2011, 05:04 AM
Get a skin from decal girl :) ive got one coming in the mail, cant wait to try it out.

msindi
Mar 31, 2011, 06:05 AM
I installed BodyGuardz on mine until more aftermarket cases arrive that also have auto wake (not a fan of the plethore of 'book-style' ones available just yet).

Apparently, coverage provided by Wrapsol is superior to BodyGuardz (especially on the back corners! was a PITA to line up and install though)

Hoping that the Scosche Foldio P2 carbon or Speck skin will eventually have new models with Auto Wake

msindi
Mar 31, 2011, 06:08 AM
This looks promising too :)

http://www.marware.com/ipad-cases-and-covers/ipad-2-cases/microshell-folio-black-ipad-2-case

imutter
Mar 31, 2011, 06:11 AM
Hihihi
Someone has teh same issue LOL:D
I like the ipad because it is small never wanted the "Big Brother" but a cover defeats the purpose of slim ...

perplex
Mar 31, 2011, 07:54 AM
Don't be so precious! Just get any old case for when you're out and about and be nude at home.

In a few months time when the iPad 3 is out your iPad 2 will have lost it's aura anyhow. Just enjoy it now and don't worry about little scratches etc.

are you kidding or are you serious?
if kidding :cool:
if serious than, :rolleyes: