Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OverSpun

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 12, 2006
California
Seriously, though...

All the sneaky (registered March 2011) adverts for all their prods making so many threads.

Does anyone actually have a list of LEGIT company that makes cases?

Obviously,

*Otterbox
*Incase
*PowerSupport

(those are just 3 that I've used in the last 2-3 years back, since theyre atleast legit.)
EDIT: - I am not condoning their quality/products but only using them for my point searching for legit companies, and hopefully decent cases for the ipad.

But what else would be decent? I'm just not interested buying a 40-70+ bucks case with poor quality that I've wasted nearly enough time reading through nearly every thread on page 1.

I would assume that most people are looking for the safest,lightest,fitted correctly, etc. Its only because I don't want the apple case, since I don't want to scratch up the back of my ipad. =/

Last edited:

klanse

macrumors member
Mar 27, 2010
Cali
google, google and google.

Even if the case is from a "legit" company, even if you folks out 100bucks, the case may not suit you. I bought an incase ipad case last year used for a few days and it has been sitting in the store room since.

OverSpun

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 12, 2006
California
You could *gasp* do your own research? In most cases you can tell if a company is "legitimate" or not (if they have an https ordering page, for example). If you can't tell, google "is [company name] a legitimate reseller?"

miles,

Of course, I agree with you- researching for myself, which I always do. It is a bit irritating finding a toothpick in hay that is decent. It seems it could be helpful with a sticky in the ipad acc. thread with legit manufacturers. At that point, it would be a lot easier for other people just checking out those sites.

I do always look for the lock/https and only paying paypal too being safe, + googling them. Thats just an obvious. :)

I bought my ipad1 last year, it wasnt too bad in the ipad section, but its a mess if anyone else even agrees with me. ;)

Imsuperjp

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2010
I bought my ipad1 last year, it wasnt too bad in the ipad section, but its a mess if anyone else even agrees with me. ;)

the only mess I see is all of the smart cover threads and ppl starting new threads asking about a case when there is already an existing thread.

Anyways, I recommend the STM jacket which you can get on amazon for around $25

OverSpun

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 12, 2006
California
google, google and google.

Even if the case is from a "legit" company, even if you folks out 100bucks, the case may not suit you. I bought an incase ipad case last year used for a few days and it has been sitting in the store room since.

Certainly! I've considered looking into Vaja for my previous ipad, but I pushed it back until the ipad2 comes out, since then it would be a bit waste...

Second, I do have handfuls of iphone cases coming out of my ears that I havent used too many times like you did too. I'm a member on many forums (besides mac info) including how I moderate one of them like "miles" above the top of page. They've always been really helpful, but spammers turn forums into riots. :eek:

Built

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
Los Angeles
Certainly! I've considered looking into Vaja for my previous ipad, but I pushed it back until the ipad2 comes out, since then it would be a bit waste...

Second, I do have handfuls of iphone cases coming out of my ears that I havent used too many times like you did too. I'm a member on many forums (besides mac info) including how I moderate one of them like "miles" above the top of page. They've always been really helpful, but spammers turn forums into riots. :eek:

I don't see any spam threads from sellers trying to push their wares. Normally, if they do post here, the thread doesn't last very long. Don't know what you're complaining about. As somebody else said, choosing the right case is just a matter of RESEARCH, trial and error, and a bunch of $$$$. There is no one case perfect for everybody, and fortunately, there are many to choose from.

Personally, I don't believe THIS thread is necessary either. It just comes across as whining. I love when people start threads complaining about people starting too many threads.

OverSpun

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 12, 2006
California
I don't see any spam threads from sellers trying to push their wares. Normally, if they do post here, the thread doesn't last very long. Don't know what you're complaining about. As somebody else said, choosing the right case is just a matter of RESEARCH, trial and error, and a bunch of $$$$. There is no one case perfect for everybody.

Personally, I don't believe THIS thread is necessary either. It just comes across as whining. I love when people start threads complaining about people starting too many threads.

Ok, I agree with some of your points, but they are severely obvious for the whole reason using a forum for being helpful than making it more difficult. Who really wants to research for 6 hours for a case, then. :D

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
Forums are like grand central station; you have to look around to figure oout who is real and who is an idiot. Just keep reading and you'll see who has merit. Yes I absolutely believe there are spammers here and have posted about it before. They are usually those with few posts who say they just bought X and here's the link. A reason when I have something I like or dislike I take a pic and post it here.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
I'm not condoning astroturfing, but the fact is, even "legit" companies do it. If you see a case you like with a somewhat recognizable name, google it. If it has decent reviews around the web, and a legit way to buy it, what's the worry? Don't confuse spam with scam.

I was the first one on MR to mention the Yoobao case, until then an unknown company. I wasn't spamming for them, but they went on to become one of the most popular cases on MR.

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
Also keep in mind and many new companies started because of the iPad. It's not always in your best interest to stay with the "tried and true". Just because a company is relatively new, does not mean they aren't "legit".

shakeman0

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2009
I would highly recommend the Shakeman0 case! It is currently the best case on the market. The Shakeman0 case completely protects your iPad with all the functionality of a Smart Cover, but it also has a force field that protects the back of the iPad from scratches! It has a holographic Bluetooth keyboard that is projected from the side of the case. It's really the best case you can buy and it will actually make your life better. Did I mention it's the best case you can buy and that it's the best possible case you can ever buy that will ever ever ever come to market? It's also actually the best case money can buy.

I actually use the Smart Cover. Works very well for my needs and I like the style.

OverSpun

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 12, 2006
California
I would highly recommend the Shakeman0 case! It is currently the best case on the market. The Shakeman0 case completely protects your iPad with all the functionality of a Smart Cover, but it also has a force field that protects the back of the iPad from scratches! It has a holographic Bluetooth keyboard that is projected from the side of the case. It's really the best case you can buy and it will actually make your life better. Did I mention it's the best case you can buy and that it's the best possible case you can ever buy that will ever ever ever come to market? It's also actually the best case money can buy.

I actually use the Smart Cover. Works very well for my needs and I like the style.

Lol. Your shakeman0 case needs to attach inside a DMC Delorean w/ Dr. Emmett Brown option. ;)

I like how the smart case looks, but it's a little bare without covering the back. It seems it only saves the screen. I hoped it was more than that. I had the apple case for my gen1 iPad. But it wasn't very strong saving if drops happened. I bought the otterbox defender last year so I wouldn't have to research again, but it was way overkill for my use. I never even dropped it once. Haha

I'm just looking for a thin case made of leather would be good. Vaja is just a bit over the top and I could buy 150 dollars worth of apps. :)

falconeight

Apr 6, 2010
I like companies making threads about their products. It is very hard to search on google and find good product. At least here they are all in one place.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.