Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

theslaz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 12, 2009
Calgary; Alberta; Canada
Interesting scenario! I am running two computers with the same version of Itunes on both; both are running Windows 7. A laptop that is registered with Itunes as the main source and a desktop that is sharing. If I add a new movie to the Itunes library on both computers. The desktops version will appear on my ATV immediately. The same movie on my laptop will not appear on my ATV. In order for me to get it to show is by disconnecting the ATV and re-connecting! ( adding the 5 digit code ) Annoying because when I disconnect I loose anything that I may have had synced. Like 14000 photos!!!!
What gives??

blueroom

macrumors 603
Feb 15, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Latest firmware on both ATVs? Up to date iTunes? Hacks?

I found iTunes appeared to tagged the photos, I could only sync on one ATV as it would always fully copy the lot when syncing two ATVs.

ATV2s don't have this problem as they don't locally store the photos.

theslaz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 12, 2009
Calgary; Alberta; Canada
Latest firmware on both ATVs? Up to date iTunes? Hacks?

I found iTunes appeared to tagged the photos, I could only sync on one ATV as it would always fully copy the lot when syncing two ATVs.

ATV2s don't have this problem as they don't locally store the photos.
The ATV is hacked; therefore I do not update the firmware. Only one ATV; shared by two computers. Desktop works and laptop doesn't. Same version of Itunes; same version of Windows and same movie file!

blueroom

macrumors 603
Feb 15, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Try restoring them to factory with the latest iOS. Make sure your iTunes is also up to date. If the problem goes away problem solved. You can always re jailbreak it.
I found XBMC and PLEX just awful and unnecessary. I reencoded my media to work with ATV devices using handbrake, the ATV or ATV2 setting with AAC & DD5.1 works great on all my iOS devices and AirPlay (with DD5.1 too!).

theslaz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 12, 2009
Calgary; Alberta; Canada
There is only one ATV. Two computers sharing the same ATV. When adding a new movie to the Itunes library of each computer; that movie will show immediately on the ATV for one computer and not the other. In order to get the movie to show on the ATV, I have to disconnect and re-connect the ATV. What I'm asking is; why will the movie register on the ATV for one computer but not the other? Same movie; same ATV; same version of Itunes and same version of windows!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.