Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yay

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 31, 2011
Ok first off I am sorry for sounding so dramatic but I have a major issue with these laptops.

Symptoms:
All three show the same symptoms-they will not charge or power on at all.
I do not own all three of these, only one, the other two are relatives of mine and they are not very computer savvy so are asking for my help. I already paid for mine to get repaired at apple, $300 to replace the logic board- yes, four months out of warranty. I am hoping that they do not have to go through the same thing.

Before anyone starts asking if I, or my relatives did anything out of the ordinary before these problems started to occur; spilling something, dropping it, the answer is no. The only way to describe it is one day they were working fine and the next day they were all non responsive. No power, no charge, nothing. All of the laptops are using the factory magsafe chargers that came with the laptop, so I know it is not the chargers.

If anyone could shoot me some ideas about how to trouble shoot, hoping the other two do not need to have their logic boards replaced as well, that would be great.

Also, what are the chances that all three of these exact same laptops just died? I am really hoping apple has some type of recall or something if the logic boards are dead because something is just not right with these failures.
again, TIA!

EVO9Nate

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2010
Japan
Without being able to handle these laptops in person it is all speculation as to the real cause. Good luck in fixing you and families Macs...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.