Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 9, 2010
I'm looking for a bag just big enough to protect my ipad 2 and have a little more room (maybe another opening) for over the ears head phones and the tv cable. Any ideas?

macdreamer82

macrumors newbie
Mar 22, 2011
Arkansas
What does everybody think about the STM Scout for iPad?

I really want the Ristretto but the 2 color options I would want are backordered until mid-May...

aricher

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2004
Chi-il
Take a look at WaterField...
http://www.sfbags.com/

I am waiting for a Portenzo iPad case and I checked with Gary @ Waterfield regarding larger cases and his iPad bags. The only bag that can accommodate an iPad in a case bulkier than the Apple SmartCover is the Muzetto. He said the Muzzeto is made to work with Waterfield's sleevecase which is roughly the same size as notebook-style cases. If you like WF's other options you'll need to have your iPad naked or with a case no thicker than a smartcover.

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
What does everybody think about the STM Scout for iPad?

I really want the but the 2 color options I would want are backordered until mid-May...

So far I am happy with the STM Scout for the iPad. I had been looking for a compact bag that I could take about day-to-day. It seems to be able to expand on ones needs. For my base needs are to do the IPad 2 with a Smart Cover - check. Space of the charger - check. Space for the Apple Camera Adapter - check. Wanting a place for a camera like the Sony TX-5, or the the Olympus XZ-1 or the Canon S95.

Each camera has plusses and minuses - in the end the TX-5 and the S95 are in my running for this bag. Though I want the Xz-1 in this bag despite the added bulk.

Will have to see how the Thinktank Cable management cases will fair out.. there are times I need all of the cables - other times I just want to be light as possible...

gigaguy

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2010
USA
I use the STM Jacket for a year now, works perfect. both ipad1 and 2 fit nice inside. I used the Apple ipad 1 case in it. I carry my iPhone, headphones, papers, etc. It has 2 outside pockets, 1 zippered and a slot on the back, the main compartment is zippered too, and has a grab handle and removable shoulder strap.
Just the premium shoulder strap at SFbags cost the same as my STM Jacket. It's well made and was super cheap last time I checked ebags.com.
I've had 2 of the SFBags iPad sleeves, the Ultimate and the Exo. very nice, but their sleeves are too small to carry much else. and are 3 or 4x $ the STM.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.