PDA

View Full Version : Smart Cover Availability at Apple Stores

utsava
Mar 31, 2011, 10:39 AM
Are the iPad 2 smart covers in general abundance at the Apple stores, or are they also hard to get? I would like to get a blue neoprene one, but I don't want to waste the trip if they are pretty much sold out... anyone who has been in a Apple store recently care to comment?

rdowns
Mar 31, 2011, 10:43 AM
Crazy idea, why not call the store?

Consultant
Mar 31, 2011, 10:49 AM
Most stores have plenty of them in stock.

But you can call your store to check.

deeddawg
Mar 31, 2011, 11:08 AM
Although I haven't been to an Apple store, the Smart Covers have been pretty available at WalMart, BestBuy, and Target lately. Different stores seem to carry different colors, so check stock online or call the store.

Just one thing though, neoprene is a very different material from the polyurethane material the non-leather Smart Covers are made from. You wouldn't want some seemingly helpful clerk telling you they had no blue neoprene covers when they did have blue polyurethane ones sitting there... :D

utsava
Mar 31, 2011, 11:19 AM
Although I haven't been to an Apple store, the Smart Covers have been pretty available at WalMart, BestBuy, and Target lately. Different stores seem to carry different colors, so check stock online or call the store.

Just one thing though, neoprene is a very different material from the polyurethane material the non-leather Smart Covers are made from. You wouldn't want some seemingly helpful clerk telling you they had no blue neoprene covers when they did have blue polyurethane ones sitting there... :D

Thanks for the feedback guys...

mcdj
Mar 31, 2011, 11:19 AM
Are the iPad 2 smart covers in general abundance at the Apple stores, or are they also hard to get? I would like to get a blue neoprene one, but I don't want to waste the trip if they are pretty much sold out... anyone who has been in a Apple store recently care to comment?

If you don't even have a phone, you probably shouldn't have an iPad.

iggypod
Mar 31, 2011, 02:40 PM
Even our local Target had all the colors in poly/leather. Including red.

Pballer110
Mar 31, 2011, 02:55 PM
The apple stores have had a good amount of stock of thees, the only shortage I have seen is the red leather which is a product (red) item so may have had less production.

Crosbie
Mar 31, 2011, 02:58 PM
Yeah, I thought these might be tricky to get hold of like the camera kit (and the first not-so-smart cover - am I remembering this right?). I had trouble getting hold of the right cases ages after iPad 1 was out. I guess they've learned their lesson - stacks of covers except Red.