Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mightyred

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 10, 2010
Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help? I have the uptodate software on both the iPad and ATV2, but I can't stream video from my iPad to the ATV2, only the sound. the video keeps playing on the iPad. This is only a problem when trying to stream from a shared device, ie my iMac. Programmes or films stored locally on the iPad work fine.

I have rebooted both the ATV2 and the iPad two or three times to no avail.

Thanks in anticipation.

Loki2011

macrumors newbie
May 22, 2011
Answer?

did you find a fix to this issue? i'm having the same problem....everything works on my ATV2; Youtube, renting/buying movies, mobileme photos, streaming videos from ipad2/iphone to ATV2 but i cannot play Mobile me videos?!?! if i stream a mobileme video from an ipad2, it plays audio but the video still plays on the ipad2, any suggestions?

fabian9

macrumors 65816
Nov 28, 2007
Bristol, UK
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Only very few apps can AirPlay video from iPhones/iPads/iPods to apple tv at the moment... More and more apps are supporting it, but nowhere near all of them, including some apple apps.

So if it's not working for you, chances are the app you are using simpy hasnt been updated yet.

Which app are you using to airplay from your mobile me to the apple tv?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.